1st annual Indoors BWD WindFestival?

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
morewind

1st annual Indoors BWD WindFestival?

Post by morewind »

Here's something that I've been thinking about for some time ...

What if we held an indoor WindFest at some local community hall, as a fund raiser for the web site, but also a big fat wind party celebration.

Here's how it might look:
Where: local community hall, like the Polish hall in James Bay
When: Saturday night in October or November, 8pm to ??
Bar: Beer and Wine, liquor license, proceeds, if any to BWD
Cost: $10 at the door? more? less? all proceeds to BWD

Activities might include:

- show a movie that both windsurfers and kiters would appreciate
- slide show - best of windsurfing and kiting photos. Randy and Snapper to show?
- fun verbal showdown - Kiting vs Windsurfing - KayakDoc rep for Kiting, Kus for Windsurfing. Unscripted.
- open mike for storytime -- come up and share your BEST of 2011 stoke -- best kitemares, best kiting session, best windsurfing move you did
- salute to fallen comrads
- raffle draw prizes - donated by sponsors?
- get to know more of your wind komrads

Thoughts?

What other activities might be fun?
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

I can't believe you missed karaoke Mike! We could bring back the Gold Beach Trio.
Give'R
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

This would be a good idea to do in conjuction with a "Walls of Perception" premiere.

Other activities -

- Dunk Tank
- Rochambeau (South Park Style)
- Wetsuit Booty Shots
- Raffle
Don't forget to bring a towel!
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

...and Nanmoo when you say this is a good idea you mean the karaoke right.
Give'R
Randy

Post by Randy »

I'm in. Would anybody pay $20 for an 8x10 of KUS if proceeds went to BWD? I only have him at Kook, the Secret Spot, CBS (Agate Lane) and Florence but have thousands to choose from. WD too but I'd want to charge more.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I assume you are talking about this pic of Kus right Randy?

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V

KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

randy wrote:I'm in. Would anybody pay $20 for an 8x10 of KUS if proceeds went to BWD? I only have him at Kook, the Secret Spot, CBS (Agate Lane) and Florence but have thousands to choose from. WD too but I'd want to charge more.
nanmoo wrote:I assume you are talking about this pic of Kus right Randy?
WTF u guys :?: :roll: that "kick me" sign still on there :?:

Great idea Mwind, not sure I'd want to challenge Yakdoc tho, too much intimidation :shock: and....a night in OCTOBER and you suggest the...POLISH Hall?? I's gots som grate OOMPAHPAH stuff :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

No one told me the fun verbal showdown was gonna be done naked 8-[..... and I’m now a little suspicious of what you meant by “fun”. [-X
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

need a band? 8)
Randy

Post by Randy »

No Nanmoo, I was thinking more like this one. I believe he actually hopped in and drove home in this condition. :shock:

Image[/url]
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Haha! There's more than the one!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Towel references and people taking pictures of a naked behind are proof of the North American fascination with all that is naked, yet promoting the mystery, early and multi partner consent and explicitness of hard core sex while losing their minds when someone changes, in the most polite way, into or out of their wetsuit :roll: I recall my Dad changing under a towel instead of heading to the change room at Thetis Lake and he got a good talking to by the lifeguard group. He was almost arrested in the 80's when he undressed, because he had no equally (and perhaps moreso) revealing speedo, and stormed across Longbeach to swim ....as he is used to..... in the Pacific for his first time.

North America is Prudeville, man, I grew up on nude beaches at 50% of the outdoor pools and lakes with women's breasts on every publication including newspapers, it's not such a biggie, really 8) tho it is funny to offer up an 8x10 of my ass for a donation, go Randy go :!:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Randy

Post by Randy »

My shot is more of the Fine Art style with the subdued shadows and glowering sky hinting at a possibility of a full moon night. Nan's otoh is more 'in yer face'. I'm not sure which would fetch the higher price. :oops:
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Hey hey hey, as much as I admire that photo I was not the artist behind it, I merely reposted existing art.
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

KUS wrote:Towel references and people taking pictures of a naked behind are proof of the North American fascination with all that is naked, yet promoting the mystery, early and multi partner consent and explicitness of hard core sex while losing their minds when someone changes, in the most polite way, into or out of their wetsuit :roll: I recall my Dad changing under a towel instead of heading to the change room at Thetis Lake and he got a good talking to by the lifeguard group. He was almost arrested in the 80's when he undressed, because he had no equally (and perhaps moreso) revealing speedo, and stormed across Longbeach to swim ....as he is used to..... in the Pacific for his first time.

North America is Prudeville, man, I grew up on nude beaches at 50% of the outdoor pools and lakes with women's breasts on every publication including newspapers, it's not such a biggie, really 8) tho it is funny to offer up an 8x10 of my ass for a donation, go Randy go :!:
Clearly we are not there yet.

In the mean time lets all get together and have a few brews in the name of BWD for sure.