What's new on the website
bwd
Developer
Developer

3 new sites added

Post by bwd »

I added 3 new sites to the Latest Reports page

1. Comox airport - for kiteboarding at the spit
2. Neah Bay Buoy - wind, wave height and direction at the entrance to Juan de Fuca - #46087 http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/NW_Straits_Sound.shtml
3. Hein Banks - wind, wave height and direction south of Discovery Isl - #46088 http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/Maps/NW_Straits_Sound.shtml

Thanks to Phenom, PimpHand and Mark for the suggestions. The Latest reports table is getting big now. I might add an options page so that you can check off the sites that you want to show/hide, then it would remember your settings using cookies.
dave
Last edited by bwd on Sun Sep 12, 2004 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

hey dave ... thanx again for that!

looks like you forgot to paste that link, but no big deal brah, i found it anyway... and what a nice bonus it was to see you added yet another site [smilie=beer.gif] ... i was actually thinking of asking you about cape mudge or cape lazo, but figured the list was getting too big ... but a custom page with cookies would be sweet!

btw, do you think lazo would be more accurate than the airport?

you da man brah!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Comox airport best?

Post by bwd »

~ pimp hand ~ wrote:btw, do you think lazo would be more accurate than the airport?
Not sure - any Comox locals out there with comments? I was told that Comox airport was the one to use for the Spit, but Cape Mudge might be better?
dave
Wind ???? In Comox ???

Post by Wind ???? In Comox ??? »

To tell you the honest truth .. we're actually in some sort of a wind bubble up here .. rarely blows at all ... long drive too ....really cold ... ugly women .... bad food ....not very nice at all .. actually it's quite miserable .
~ pimp hand ~

Re: Comox airport best?

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

bigwavedave wrote:
~ pimp hand ~ wrote:btw, do you think lazo would be more accurate than the airport?
Not sure - any Comox locals out there with comments? I was told that Comox airport was the one to use for the Spit, but Cape Mudge might be better?
dave
no no :arrow: cape lazo dave ... it's really close to airport, but down on the water [smilie=rauch23.gif]

cape mudge for campbell river [-o<
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: Comox airport best?

Post by bwd »

~ pimp hand ~ wrote:no no :arrow: cape lazo dave ... it's really close to airport, but down on the water [smilie=rauch23.gif] cape mudge for campbell river [-o<
ok sorry. You don't happen to have a link for Cape Lazo do you. I can't find one. Sentry Shoal and Chrome Isl are fairly close.
JL

Post by JL »

Thermals are good.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

thanks! I guess I should have checked that page since I use it for Carmanah, Trial Is and Lennard Isl. :roll:
dave
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

bigwavedave wrote:
thanks! I guess I should have checked that page since I use it for Carmanah, Trial Is and Lennard Isl. :roll:
dave
hey dave, pretty much everytime i checked it was consistantly a little stronger. ... just to give you an example : yesterday @ 1:00 Comox Airport was reporting south 18 gusting 24 ... while Cape Lazo was reporting southeast 25 gusting 30. ... now my question to you is, how can you link direct to station?

btw, thanx for that linkage JL ... i've been looking for some of those stations for a while ... Pultney Point, Scarlett Point(crucial for N. Island forecasting) and bunch of the others that can't be found on the regular environment canada page