Federal Funding Reductions That Affect BWD community

A place to discuss anything non-weather and non-wind/kitesurf related. Generally unmoderated, but rules are enforced on occasion => you can get suspended or kicked out and messages can get deleted.
Sandy Beach

Federal Funding Reductions That Affect BWD community

Post by Sandy Beach »

Taken from the message board:
Sandy Beach wrote: This will negatively affect our island wind/water community
<a href="/http://www.timescolonist.com/technology ... story.html" target="_blank">Ocean Pollution Monitoring Funding Cuts</a>

Plus, the recent coast guard service cuts Coast Guard funding cuts
<a href="/http://www.timescolonist.com/business/C ... story.html" target="_blank">Coast Guard Funding Cuts </a>
- Monday May 21, 4:06PM

Smallwavesteve wrote: @ sandy beach - from talking to people who work at ios the memo the dfo rec'd says right in it the orders came straight from the pm's office and that it is to expediate resource extraction projects (pipeline?) - Monday May 21, 5:22PM

Denmankiter wrote: What isn't political these days? The PM needs his Timmy's, likes velvet clad couches, selling off our gold to the Asian market, apparently at ANY expense to Canadians. There's a master plan indeed, take heed. - Tuesday May 22, 7:24AM

Bk wrote: Maybe we can keep our political opinions limited to the forum... I'm not saying you aren't entitled to them, just don't want to read about them when I open up the homepage. Cheers dude! - Tuesday May 22, 8:35AM

Denmankiter wrote: I think BK the point that people are making with their sharing of news stories about the PM's office making decisions which affect our waters, is that the political is everywhere...including our waters. - Tuesday May 22, 9:28AM
Life is all about balance, and a dose of healthy wind addiction
JL

Post by JL »

My friends @ Coast Guard advise me that the Vancouver station handles the most calls in B.C. ... Sandspit (Haida Gwai) handles few calls but is to be kept open. This is all nonsense. Rescue is all about time & situational awareness. If OUR tax $ isn't spent on practical uses like a Coast Guard what is it to be spent on ? We haven't heard the last of this & we should be ready to act as a group to keep our coast safe !!!
Thermals are good.