etiquette and consideration

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Vik

Post by Vik »

Gareth wrote: It is usually the ignorant newcomer who thinks that they have 100% equal rights
Yes it's totally shocking when someone shows up at a beach and thinks just because they kite safely and obey the ROW rules that they would have equal rights to be there.... :roll: :wink:

We might want to start sewing patches on our wetsuits that clearly designate rank and privileges while kiting. It works for the military - why not for kiters?... :lol:
Teabag wrote:On top of that they know that I just arrived because it is the first time they see that matress (foil kite) on the water since this morning.

Is Pasta and Vik behavior considered as being "AGRO" ???
Look if you are new and flying one of those damn mattress kites you just better shut up and not complain when Pasta and I kick your ass down the beach. No point in asking questions you will always be wrong. No matter how long you kite at this spot I will always have been here longer than you and you just better keep out of my way or it's gonna get ugly. Pasta has been kiting for so long that legend has it he invented wind. He is a GOD and all should fear him. :wink: :P :twisted:
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com
rookieRyan

Post by rookieRyan »

Well said ViK :P
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

crack me up

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

what started serious has turned oddly funny and definitely a whole lot of wisdom and true intelligence goin' on. props boys and girls. jds, i don know you but i like you...well said and so so so true about goin' different places. tb: you fly that mattress high and proud bro. being different is all its cracked up to be and you are leading the pack. i've seen you flyin' around up there!!! pasta did invent wind. i was around back in 99, and met him when i went to teh beach. i was like where'd this wind come from? he was like, i made, and had it delivered, like my log furniture. he's true spirit and soul that pasta dude, and he does make the wind, cause whenever i go to gordon's there's wind...nuff said... legend. pure legend. just wish he'd not go to mexico so i could winter kiting sometime...with him that is. if anyone is forcing him off his tack though i'd be surprised.
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
KayakDoc

Post by KayakDoc »

Denmankiter, with Pasta starting to race there will be 49 other kiters on the water forcing him off his tack...6 times a day for up to a week at a time. A little bump and run every now and then might be good practice for those thinking about racing.
DavidM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavidM »

Response to localism in the day of social media.

A horde of soft-topping youths storm Lowers because it's "been tooken over by old men," and make a strong case for year-round schooling in the process.

http://surfer.tv/video/2621/lnf-lowers-raid-2012

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDRi7eArnbo[/youtube]
Skeltic

Post by Skeltic »

DavidM
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DavidM »

Sorry, the first link you will have to copy and paste. Don't know why the link isn't active.
Vik

Post by Vik »

DavidM wrote:Response to localism in the day of social media.

A horde of soft-topping youths storm Lowers because it's "been tooken over by old men," and make a strong case for year-round schooling in the process.

http://surfer.tv/video/2621/lnf-lowers-raid-2012
Thanks for posting!

I've gotta tell you when I am at Tofino surrounded by kooks on soft tops I worry that if they band together armed with costumes and pool noddles they could launch an all out revolution that would upset the Surf World Order [SWO].

I saw two kooks at Nitnaht this summer kiting in costumes and was sooooo glad they didn't think about riding with pool noodles. But think about it - one stop at Toys 'r Us and the Van Isle kiting scene could be turned on its head...:shock: :shock:

We have to stamp this shit out before it infects our northern beaches...prevent the kite-pocalypse!! :oops: :evil:
Safe riding,

Vik
www.thelazyrando.com