Screwed

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
RuFr

Screwed

Post by RuFr »

I have a fin - a select model and am looking for the screw for it - mine is 4 inches long or so and need a longer one as does not fit!!

Any leads are appreciated :o
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

single screw is most likely a powerbox or tuttle either way the screw is a M6 stainless, you can try canadian tire but in that length you might need to hit up a specialty fastener or marine store. 8)
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Generally single screw power boxes are metric, the dual screw powerboxes can be SAE or Metric. Perhaps this is a deep tuttle box and you are fitting a regular tuttle? One or two screws....one it's a powerbox, metric and the screw should not be that long unless you have some wacky homemade board. :wink:
Capital Iron, Trotac marine (get ready for the price hit), Can Tire maybe....for longer length best bet probably get a washer and hex head bolt from Home depot and cut a slot into it with a hacksaw :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
SmallWaveSteve

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

I've had the pleasure of looking for metric stainless screws for paintball guns on many occasions. I've had the best luck at Home Depot followed by Home Hardware (at least the sidney one), unless you go to Fastner Force, but they're more a commercial place and are prettymuch only open bank hours.
Last edited by SmallWaveSteve on Thu May 16, 2013 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

finding the preferred head is the issue, tough to find phillips or torx heads in that length....therefore cutting a single slot in the top of a hex head with a hacksaw or a narrow cutting disc with a dremel works pretty good...protect those eyes :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
RuFr

Screwed - no longer

Post by RuFr »

Thanks for the replies and help
Ol Capital Iron was the ticket!

Perfect
thanks again :)