Your Favourite Harness

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Hey pasta your so slim maybe you should try a ladies mystic. I ride a ladies extra small. Don't have any trouble with it riding up. The OR with leg straps was always under my chin, ground my girls down too. It is such a personal fit with harness'. Hope you find the perfect fit!
MartyD
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by MartyD »

I love the Dakine Renegade waist harness. But I have broken three of the hooks off the spreader bars... and one resulted in a ripped kite and blown leading edge during the self rescue :roll:
GregK

Post by GregK »

Greg - obviously fit and comfort are key, but here's another harness feature to consider : how much water the harness absorbs and holds after a dunk-in.

IMO DaKine do the best job of ensuring their harnesses absorb little water. I had ( still have ) an OR Session-1 and it's is really bad for holding buckets of water, I swear it doubles its weight when wet.

I have a newer Mystic waist that's pretty good for water pick-up but not as good as DaKines. Hopefully the Session-2 is better than the 1.

Now that kites are getting lighter, and boards too, who wants to be packing an extra 3 or 4 lbs ( guess - probably not that bad ) of water in their harness ?
Comox Kite Repair ( retired )