Getting Windsurf Gear to La Ventana

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
otisdadog

Getting Windsurf Gear to La Ventana

Post by otisdadog »

Looking to head down to La Ventana after New Years for 2 weeks and was thinking of bringing my own windsurfing gear, if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get board and sails down to La Ventana short of driving down with it.

Thanks
Brass Munkey

Post by Brass Munkey »

I talked to a guy from Isle Surfboards in National City, San Diego last January. He was mentioning that it was pretty easy/cheap to get equipment shipped down from Tijuana.

It's only 45 minutes to the airport in LaPaz, maybe you can put your gear on the plane?

T
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Alaska $75-95 per kit, no problem, sometimes no cost return, depending on who you get. make sure you print out the baggage fee schedule online that a full kit includes the quiver bag AND board AND only the oversize OR overweight is charged. Even their own baggage agents don't always know the rules. Bags from Vic/Comox have to be 8' or shorter, 9' from Van :idea:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Baja Joe's has crappy old gear that you can take out for free if you are staying there; but the next-door neighbours (can't remember, was it Solo Sports?) have very nice newer gear, lots of choices and I think their rental rates were not too bad; there was barely any wind when I was there last February so I didn't rent but I think you could probably do a deal for a couple of weeks rental. Then there'd be no hassle with airports or taxis. But Alaska sounds like a deal and you'd have your own gear.