Windsurfing Wave SUP's -

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

Winddoc can paddle 92L... He is much bigger than you both (and handsomer)... Soooo....

He is also a cat whisperer.

Point of this - you'll be surprised what you can do after a couple days effort.
Don't forget to bring a towel!
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

Nice board, Keith! If you are on the Island you should stop by in Nanaimo for a drink. I found the smaller Surf Sups surprisingly easy to paddle in calm / flat water. My experience in mush or chop/current/wind in the surf is that they can get really tippy (or I get very tippy!) and then it is a bonus to have something with more float / glide to stay out of the water (Nalu 9'6" x 29"). Once you paddle the small ones for a bit (as Ray said) the bigger ones seem huge. Enjoy!
KC7777

Wave SUP

Post by KC7777 »

Just an update.

Traded straight across the 7'10"x31" 110L Fanatic AllWave for the 8'3"x32" 120L Fanatic AllWave. The 110L was just too small. It practically sunk when I moved on it even in flat water.

I think that 120L for me...at 170 l bs, but still new to wave SUPing is perfect size to grow into. Stable in flat water, the 8'3", 120L is pretty wide at 32", so you really need to step back to turn it. But a fun board. Had it out in 3'-4' glassy waves at Tofino. Perfect. Way better/smaller on the wave than my 145L (8'10" x32") which feels like a beast now. But still stable for me getting out even though I only have approx. 7 days in small surf.

Only problem is I couldn't get my son off it.

Thinking another wave SUP needed?

Anyone selling a Starboard Pocket Rocket (8'5"x30", 130L)?

And my Fanatic Allwave 145L may be up for sale sometime?

KC
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Hey is that your board at Island Long Boards?
Give'R
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

No... It's mine now.Wasn't sure I'd get the right kind of use out of the board and was thinking about selling. On the fence about that at the moment.
Why aren't YOU out there?