Ditidaht Store and Gas Station!

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Ditidaht Store

Ditidaht Store and Gas Station!

Post by Ditidaht Store »

Hey Everyone! I'm Anne, and I am running the Ditidaht Store at Nitinaht Lake this year! We have new suppliers, and stock almost everything you would find at a Save-On-Gas station in town! Pop, candies, eggs, bacon, cheese, pepperoni sticks, jerky, and various other grocery and health needs! We have fuel not for diesel though! Tobacco is coming, waiting for the permit so stay tuned! The cafe will be open May 9th, 2016 for lunch and dinner fare, and breakfast will be available once we have more visitors! Please drop in and say "Hi", I look forward to meeting you all throughout the summer 2016! Chuu!
Ditidaht Store

Post by Ditidaht Store »

Hi Everyone, me again! I thought I would upload a Pic to show off the store and Cafe, unfortunately the jpg file is too big! Breakfast coming soon, but for now we have Our lunch 11am - 1pm and dinner 4pm - 7pm! The store is still maintaining the 8am to 7pm inclusive hours with coffee ready by 815am! We have ice cream and bags of ice for sale, with new products arriving weekly! I am open to suggestions on what YOU would like me to stock, and will make every effort to supply! We also have a local artist and baker providing fresh baked homemade bread at $6 a loaf every weekend. See you soon! Anne
KC7777

Internet

Post by KC7777 »

Hi Anne,

Maybe consider another pricing model for the internet? Its great to have it but at $5 per 30 minutes it adds up....in addition to the camp fee of $17?

Maybe if someone can prove they paid the $15 or $17 camp fee they get internet for cheaper?

Or consider a internet seasons pass....ie if I am there 30 days x $5 per time is $150 I am paying to stay in touch.

Maybe I get a seasons pass internet card that I pay say $50 for, and can get the code each time by showing the card....or use drivers licence as the card?
That seems more reasonable. I think you would get more people using it, and more people in the store.

Also consider leaving internet on past 7 pm.

Thanks!

Keith
GWIND

Away time

Post by GWIND »

K28. Maybe you should stay off the net. Down time is better when on no net time. Sailed the 5.7 today. Dreamy
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
KC7777

Re: Away time

Post by KC7777 »

GWIND wrote:K28. Maybe you should stay off the net. Down time is better when on no net time. Sailed the 5.7 today. Dreamy
G!!

Glad you like the Ezzy 5.7M. It was hardly used. It needed a good home.

Re the internet. I knew someone would say that (be unconnected)....but when you have kids and/or a partner....imessage actually helps you stay out there longer? And I do some online review stuff with students so I can work from there?

And without internet I would miss your razor wit that we sometimes experience here on bwd??!

K (4x7)
GWIND

Ok I am defeated.

Post by GWIND »

Hurry up and get good on the kite and I will race you. Pilgrim
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
Ditidaht Store

Post by Ditidaht Store »

Hi Keith,
I hear you on the pricing, and it is the model that has been in place for several years. The internet wifi service is brought in by Satelight, and we are charged by the byte, the broadband infrastructure was never brought here. Once we get our first xplorenet ( the service provider) bill, I will be verifying what precisely we pay per byte and can look at adjusting the pricing then. The ability to video chat utilizes more data than one thinks. I appreciate your comment, and will get back to you on that!

Anne
Aboba

Post by Aboba »

Hey Anne,

Just wanted to pop in with my 2 cents on the internet. I looked at Xplornet's business plans, looks like the highest base plan is about $110/month for 100GB of data. Overage at $2/GB.

I'm one of those people who can work remotely (as long as I have internet) and it would be of benefit to me if I could work at the cafe. A daily, weekly, monthly, season structure would help me spend a lot more time up at the lake (and buying food in the cafeteria)

If you're worried about calculating usage for billing these situations it is relatively easy to setup the network hardware to track it per user, if you need assistance doing that just let me know.

Cheers,
Aboba