clock with local and UTC time added?

We want your feedback: comments, complaints and suggestions for the website

windaddiction

clock with local and UTC time added?

Post by windaddiction »

Hey dave I saw this on the coastal bc site and I was thinking it might be nice to have to clockson this site one with pacific standard and one with UTC time or even better a little script to convert utc to pacific. ( i know you can just do it in your head but I think it'd be a cool thing to add)

thanks
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hey good idea windaddiction. I can add a PST and UTC clock. Where do you think I should put the time stamp - on the Latest Reports page at the top of the table? Give me a little while to do it - most clocks just show the users computer time but I would rather display the local Server time since that is what is shown on the Latest table and it would always be accurate.

thanks for the suggestion,
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

I think maybe on the forcast page sense most of the forcast are done in UTC time! thanks dave
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

dave I have just had another brain storm... wait for it.... A CHAT WINDOW. why A chat window i dunno why not? there's been no wind or surf so you gotta do something!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

windaddiction wrote:dave I have just had another brain storm... wait for it.... A CHAT WINDOW. why A chat window i dunno why not? there's been no wind or surf so you gotta do something!
Hey windaddict:

Yeah that's a good idea. The message board on the webcam page is close to a chat room, but not real time or anything. I guess you mean a chat room as part of the forum? I'll see if I can find something like that. Oh btw, I moved this topic into the suggestion category,
thanks
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better