Newbie looking for advice on gear, locations etc.

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Teabag

Post by Teabag »

Amir, I called you back, but on your return call you left me a message saying you could not understand a word of what I was trying to say. I called back and you didn't call back. (you didn't seem to know it was Teabag, was calling you saying I brought the door last weekend for you to ride it)

Anyway, yes you can try the door (it is not for sell). Have fun going upwind with it, just realise that even if you like it at first, you wont like it for that long after all. (doesn't take long to get bored out of it after a couple of sessions, but it is extremely good for your first 3-4 sessions that you learn to go upwind, not worth to buy imo)

Might be at the Nat this weekend, I dont mind lending it to you or anybody else that already took lesson and struggle to go upwind for that matter.

Is my English that bad? It must be your answering machine since I have no accent whatsoever and currently looking into teaching English oversea (South Korea/Japan)
raztec

Post by raztec »

Huge thanks Ian for the board!
Looking forward to getting some stability on my feet and going upwind instead of face planting every 100m.
girlonaboard

Kite size and kites

Post by girlonaboard »

It depends on your size. Im small and ride an 8m or a 10 in China Creek just outside Port Alberni and in La Ventana. If your average size i would suggest a 10 and 12.

Agreed skip the beginner board and get your long term board.

I personally ride cabrinha fx and teach on the switchblades. Any newer kite is good but north and cabrinha are my favorite