Ocean Rodeo 2016 Prodigy 9.5 - swapping

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
PlanitProfit

Ocean Rodeo 2016 Prodigy 9.5 - swapping

Post by PlanitProfit »

I purchased an Ocean Rodeo Prodigy 9.5 last spring. I have about 2 dozen days on this kite. Needless to say its practically new and I wish I flew more often than I do. When I am out there, I am having nothing but fun!

June 24 Marek and myself went kite boarding at Nitnat. Sitting in front of the Strong Kite Boarding School, I remember thinking to myself, wow... there are a lot of kites just like mine. At the end of the day we were the last people on the beach, we packed up to the end of a great day and went home.

I was up at nitnat lake the weekend before last and when I opened the kite bag up, I found a kite just like mine in the bag. The sad part is... I thought I took better care of my kite. This one had a few pin holes and a small tear. How could this be, my thought was this isnt my kite... and thats been the story ... until today

I called Ocean Rodeo and spoke with Todd, found my Serial number and checked it against the kite I have in my possession ... it turns out ... I'm rough on my equipment ... I actually have my kite, the pin holes and small tear are mine, easily repairable too

The moral of this story ... I should take better care of my kite and stop making up stories ... Its weird but I feel great knowing I have my kite and didnt swap it with someone else. Oh and I'm going to put a mark on the kite that makes it recognizable to me too
Last edited by PlanitProfit on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Edit I think 2016 is the Gen 4 model (with the improved but problematic inflate valve). This reminds me I need to write my name/email in sharpy on the kite corners on my new kite, if you ever have to release on the outside it might get you the kite back and help avoid problems where everyone is riding Prodigys.

I saw this in my log for that day at the Nat:
Fing zoo on beach with dozens and dozens of kites left inflated some even with with lines out and noone around :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
SmallWaveSteve

Re: Ocean Rodeo 2016 Prodigy 9.5 - swapping

Post by SmallWaveSteve »

PlanitProfit wrote:Oh and I'm going to put a mark on the kite that makes it recognizable to me too
Not a bad idea. It was bad enough just with the black OR pumps everywhere (i've had one taken, and one swapped out for a crappier one). I can certainly see the potential for this happening now that there are so many prodigy out there and the lake getting more crowded (not to mention the number of inflated kites sitting idle on the beach at any given time).