Nitinaht Campsite

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
nitinaht_brat

Nitinaht Campsite

Post by nitinaht_brat »

The Nitinat Volunteer Emergency Services (NLVES) will be looking after the campsite this year. NLVES is a non-profit group of local volunteer fire fighters, ground and marine search and resuce, and soon to be first responders for medical emergencies. NLVES are directly affiliated with Ditidaht First Nation.

Camping Permits are available at the store, motel and from fee collectors who visit the campsite. We look forward to meeting you.

Cheers to a good season to come!

Judi Thomas
NLVES Member
JL

Post by JL »

Sounds great...How's the village web site coming along? We are all waiting to see YOUR web cam.
Thermals are good.
nitinaht_brat

Post by nitinaht_brat »

We are trying to find a techie to expand the network service and redirect the webcam. Any techie's interested out there?
themorb

Fees

Post by themorb »

So driving into the campsite for a day visit yesterday I was met by two guys who claimed that there is a new fee of $5 per day, even if not staying the night. He informed us that they were "loosing out" so the fee had been approved at a meeting "last night" with the Forestry guys.

We didn't realize until afterwards that "last night" was Saturday so obviously the Forestry guys weren't working... So did I just get ripped off or what?
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

did you hang on to your receipt?
Wavos Rancheros

Network Guy

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

I have a friend in Nanaimo who is a computer/network geek. He may be able to help. Is there a contact telephone number he can call to talk about what is needed at Nitinat?
themorb

Post by themorb »

Ya I hung onto my receipt... does anybody know if this is legit or can I get a refund next time I'm up?
WindePendanT

Post by WindePendanT »

Windsurfish-Kus: Yes, they are collecting day use fees of $5 (and providing a record in a reciept book). I asked about the status of season's passes, which was to be a topic at the band meeting that evening.... - May 15 8:34AM
Kus: anybody else pay "day use" fees at the lake?? here we go.... - May 15 7:55AM
That was almost inevitable. But this should create what is needed to make things better.
It sucks, but its better than paying for a ski lift pass or the like. 8)
themorb

Post by themorb »

So our tax dollars cover parking and washrooms at IV and Willows, and parking and bushes everywhere else. But for some reason our tax dollars don't cover a dirt parking area between some trees at Nitinat? Sorry, but it's hardly compareable to a ski lift...........

I realize the outhouses are state-of-the-art and cost millions of dollars to maintain, but personally I feel safer using a bush :? And speaking of pumping, I witnessed the pump truck at Nitinat last week when they were only 1/4 full.... that's an expensive way of keeping the outhouses from overflowing :?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

WindePendanT wrote: That was almost inevitable. But this should create what is needed to make things better. It sucks, but its better than paying for a ski lift pass or the like. 8)
OOOOOHHHHH, JEEEEEZ. Yeah, whatever, I've seen THIS f#@*ing movie :x "It was almost inevitable...." friggen' typical apathetic defeatist comment. The same old questions are: What's changed? What is the new service day users are paying for? Is there a new lift that has been installed to drag my beginner kiter ass back up the lake??? Are we grooming the water surface now with new Pistenbullies? Has the overnight fee been reduced then?? Is there perhaps a fresh water line or policing at night that will be financed with these funds? Lemme guess..... :evil: For f#$@'s sake :roll:

End of rant :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Mike C

Post by Mike C »

So what is the overnight camping fee?
Is a yearly camping pass now available?
windwoman

Post by windwoman »

The camping fee is 10$/night. Haven't heard anything about a season's pass but there was a meeting scheduled for Monday night perhaps this was discussed.
There are a few more roughed in sites with a gravel base, toilets were clean and the lake was wonderful! Great weekend.
WindePendanT

Post by WindePendanT »

Wow.... :shock:
I'm not the one taking your money!
I'll be paying just like you..
Just trying to see the glass as half full.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I sent you a detailed PM, perhaps that assists in painting the picture :arrow:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Yeh I also paid the $5 per day use, frankly I think that is cheap for access to a great sailing site, umm lift tickets are like freeken $60 or more, you still have to pay the gas and the gear is just as expensive, so what the big deal? :roll:
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!