MISSING GEAR FROM NITINAT!!!!!

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Beach Support

MISSING GEAR FROM NITINAT!!!!!

Post by Beach Support »

MISSING: A finless Mistral 113 llitreboard (blue), two booms and a fin (to fit the mistral) went missing at Nitinat on Sunday, July 9. Any one who has seen it or found it can contact us at

:twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil:

The gear belonged to a friend of ours that we told Nitinat was SAFE FOR GEAR. I am sure our friends will pay a reward.
Christie & the 4 Kids
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Any more info about the circumstances? There was a problem with alcohol dissappearing from coolers and theft of money from tents over the last couple of years, but I've never heard of gear dissappearing. I lost a wetsuit after it was left hanging in a tree after a monsoon deluge emptied the camp 10 years ago, but I've forgotten other stuff for a week or two and its still been there. If no-one just picked it up for safe keeping (but they would have posted here) this would be an extremely rare thing. Hope you get the gear back OK!
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

I left a 10L propane gas cylinder at Nitinat last year and someone (Mike - thanks buddy) returned it to me this year! Very Nitinaty. The great thing about Nitinat is that many people know one another ane keep an eye out for each other. That being said, wherever there is temptation there will be unscrupulous people. Hopefully, in this case, someone is looking after the board for the owers and will return it now that they know who it belongs to.
I wish my TOW was longer!
Beach Support

Post by Beach Support »

Correction: Our friends have given us a description of their gear:
"The board was our Mistral Classic 278 (white). It was one of the ones the kids were out on the lake with. John said he carried it up on shore, so it's unlikely it floated away. One of the booms was a blue Chinook and the other was a smaller black Dynafiber. Both had new harness lines on them"

Any help would be appreciated. I'd like to think that someone just packed it up by accident. In 15 years, we have never experienced thefts at Nitinat!
Christie & the 4 Kids
Low Talker

Missing Board

Post by Low Talker »

Fred, the native fisherman who sells crabs and salmon, found a board when he was out on his boat. We think it was on Sunday. We believe it was a mistral without a fin, based on what we were told by someone, but we didn't actually see what kind of board it was.

We think he still has the board. He has the house that advertises tours on the way to the campsite.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

THere IS a tide :wink: Wonder where booms are?
Beach Support

Can you check the notice board?

Post by Beach Support »

While Fred the fisherman may have the board (still waiting for contact info), it strikes me as possible that someone may have found the other gear and posted a "found" notice.

Is anyone going up this weekend that could offer to check and get the contact info back?

We have someone going up next week who could retreive for us.

Thanks
Christie & the 4 Kids
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Missing Gear.

Post by Bobson »

I'm heading up today after work so I'll talk to Fred and look into the other gear and any notices. With the internet at the store now it'll be easy to contact. I"ll post again tonight or tomorrow morning and let you know my findings. :D
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
Beach Support

Post by Beach Support »

Thanks for helping us. Our friends are away for two weeks visiting family and it would be great to get their gear back for them. They usually go to the Gorge and we had just sold them on Nitinat (great weather that first week of July this year) when this happened their last day. C
Christie & the 4 Kids
Beach Support

Missing Gear Partially Recovered

Post by Beach Support »

The Mistral Board was recovered from Fred - THANKS FRED! Now if anybody sees the booms or fin...let us know.
Christie & the 4 Kids