Nitinaht O.S.R.

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

GWIND

clouds

Post by GWIND »

:( check out the Bamfield cam.
Thinking is over rated- Homer Simpson
Wavos Rancheros

hows the sky over nitinat today?

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

any hope for wind at the nat today?
AirushDM

Post by AirushDM »

Nothing for the last two days. Skunked! :x
littlekitegirl

Post by littlekitegirl »

some people's perception of wind must be different... 4 hours on my 10m Sunday at Nat.

oh yeah...

Thanks for leaving early AC (the wind may never have arrived otherwise!!).
Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless. - Bill Watterson
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Good Morning all,

Wow had time to post today, what a switch. So the Nat has been shut down for the last two days with unbearable heat, but at 4pm yesterday, the clouds rolled in and 30+knt winds hit hard and fast. Prob the fastest ever windline, literally 0-30 in minutes. Anyhow those that got to enjoy it good on ya.

As for today (Thursday July 12) it is going to rock, I can feel it. There is the marine layer up into the valley, will take some time to burn off, but once it does, yehaaaaa full on I think.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Windsurfish

Yehaaa fullon

Post by Windsurfish »

See you there today Dale!!!
Graham

Post by Graham »

I'm going tomorrow!!!
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Ok so I might have to revise my earlier prediction, so far it has yet to burn off or back down the lake, there is wind, but funky to say the least, switching directions now and then :? , I still think there will be wind, especially if it is sunny and nice on the east side but......confidence has been shaken in what the afternoon will bring.
TURTLE

Nitnat

Post by TURTLE »

Barber and Turtle heading for the Nat on Friday. We should land about 11 am. ... and now some Prayin' to the wind gods....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Ok so here is the deal, for the last two days the wind has been super super light up until about 4pm then kicks in with a vengence and blows until late evening. It did this today as well, I just got off the water and it is prob blowing 20-25. I thinks with the current weather conditions this is what to expect for abit. The cool thing is you still get the TOW just in the evening.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Sorry for the delay in morning reports, it is sunny and the wind is starting to kick in.
mortontoemike

Post by mortontoemike »

Dale. It's Saturday afternoon. I am stuck in a Vanmare as KUS calls it. I am looking at the webcam and it doesn't look that windy. I can't see whitecaps. I can't see sails. I need to calibrate. For anyone there. Was it windy?
Attachments
video.jpg
video.jpg (8.28 KiB) Viewed 3002 times
I wish my TOW was longer!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

It is now, kinda, there's a kite out. Looks like 12-14m or 6-7.0
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Yup it is and was windy. It started around 2pm and was light, but around 4pm once again it has kicked into gear and is blowin probably around 25knts maybe even at times closer to 30.
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Tuesday July 24, 07

Well lets hope this weather is here to stay until October as this morning looked like a classic nitinaht day, slight fog on the water, straight sunshine up the valley and birds chirping like mad. Everything has re-aligned for happyness.

I forsee a moderately light wind day here as everything is damp and soggy, but who knows, the machine might kick into overtime as it hasn't been used too much this year (lets hope eh).

Kudos to the familys who enjoyed themselves so far this year in the nastyness of the rain and cold. It is fantastic to see the families enjoy themselves despite the lack of wind (hottubs, fort building, etc etc). It is also fantastic to see all the new families showing up with their new bundles of joy, congrats.