Nitinaht O.S.R.

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

kitesurferdale

Nitinaht O.S.R.

Post by kitesurferdale »

Good Morning,

07/6/17 07:44 (Sunday)

Cloudy with breeze on lake. Air feels light with no sign of moisture (rain). Moderately cool temp. My feeling is that the day will progress without any significant moisture, winds will be intermittant, possibly building to light (10-15knts).

Yesterday was free of rain as well, good day to kick back and relax enjoy a campfire and the lake.
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Wavos Rancheros

Whats up today?

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Hey Dale, I see that the port alberni and amphitrite point webcams show mostly sunny skies today, monday, did you get wind today? Is it clear now? Look like its gonna cloud over again? Whats the onsite forecast?
Windsurfish

Whats happening this AM Dale -- thinking of a drive...

Post by Windsurfish »

??
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

If only there was a Nit Cam
Windsurfish

Nitinaht Cam/WS

Post by Windsurfish »

It would be wonderful to have a WS and/or camera at Nitinaht. I seem to remember it was attampted a few yrs ago. I wonder if the idea should be revisited?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

The nat is so highly predictable, why would we need one? To watch when yer at work missing out would just make you sick with envy, to see it come up after thinking it wouldn't and you stayed home would piss you off :cry: cuz it would be too late.

Considered the Nat for the Sunday/Mon and predicted bang on what you'd get (as per your log WSish), not that it's always like that but close enough.

And....isn't it environmentally abused and busy enough during peak season to not hang out a shingle?? :roll:

BTW I think I recall the issue was the speed of the satellite connection being insufficient. Satellite and pressure maps, forecasts for Tofino/Port, cams in both of those places, good enough :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Ok, Deal with the webcam first. There is one, should be up on www.ditidaht.ca. The issue wasn't bandwidth but rather a constantly refreshing ip address on the connection so that when you programed the ip for the cam, after a few minutes the connection (ip address) would change and the images would be "lost". I am not sure but I think that has been solved.

I do have a weather station, just have to install it, been way to busy to think about that.

BTW yesterday was great.

Now onto the daily report

07/06/21 Thursday.

Intermittant Fog patches over lake and valley, some cloud cover above looking a little dark but I think everything is going to burn off. Might have so high cloud cover but overall it should be a ok day. Happy Aboriginal day to all.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Happy Aboriginal Day!

Can't find the webcam on the Ditidaht page, Dale.
wish I was there!
Windsurfish

Happy Aboriginal Day to all at the lake!!

Post by Windsurfish »

Wish I could be there - this work thing sometimes gets in the way!!

Chris :)
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

Whoo hoo, last day of school here at the Nat, weather is sunny with high cloud, looking like the best day we have had since 3 weeks ago, actually a chance of wind. Thanks for the sacrifice of all those that left yesterday, the wind gods must be finally sedated!!!
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

the wind gods must be finally sedated!!!
Actually, Dale, I think that's been the problem! Bring on the High pressure and funk-free jet stream!
Poultry in motion
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

kitesurferdale wrote:the best day we have had since 3 weeks ago, actually a chance of wind.
What a lousy late spring! (at least for Nitinat). I guess it makes me feel better that I haven't missed exceptional conditions down south. Hey, its raining here, what a surprise! However, work is really fun, even if the weather sucks. And it hasn't actually poured on us (well it is right now but we missed it outside, and it was actually sunny and hot for a while this afternoon). The weather really does change from hour to hour here. But no wind! I have the feeling that if only we could get a nice high pressure over the interior and hot there, we'd get some NW + thermal happening here. Might not see it before I'm back the way it seems to be stuck in this mild pressure system, weak high, weak low, ad infinitim. Oh well, have another beer I guess.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

fyi heres the latest randy report:

Nitinat Canada Day Long Weekend Forecast, June 28, 2007

Wind Dudes and Divas,

What you see today is what you get for this weekend. Lots of cloud with some sunny breaks. There is a Low to the west of Vancouver Island which will spin itself out in the next day only to be replaced by another Low approaching from the North Pacific. This is going to keep the Jet Stream to the south of us and keep things unsettled and unpredictable. Look for light winds at Nitinat (<15 knots) and rain. No real surf is forecast. If your looking for wind your going to have to go way further south than the Gorge. The best bet is near Jalama(Santa Barbara) in California. The next best bet is Maui where the trades are going off. Otherwise if we're lucky we might see some afternoon westerlies.

See you at the Beach

Randy

--
Randy Kashino
www.rkwave.ca
kitesurferdale

Post by kitesurferdale »

This has indeed been the poorest spring/early summer I have ever witness during my time here in Nitinaht. This sucks. Yesterday was great though, gusty at times, I think it hit close to 35knots for about 20minutes.
Wavos Rancheros

hows the sky look this morning dale?

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

amphitrite point looks yucchy to the southeast....so im wondering if nitinat is fully overcast or what?