9%
Upgrade Island View Cam
15%
Other (add suggestion in forum)
3%

Total votes: 33

Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Nice answer Dave, it kinda explains my "what for" point. You either want to see sea conditions (Higher resolution 1 frame per minute) or passing pedestrians (Streaming video)
Skypilot

Post by Skypilot »

Hi Dave,

If the webcam is still available there is some genuine interest from the gang at Squamish. From what I can gather (I am in Calgary) the ikitesurf experiment has not worked according to plan.

We at Skypilot would like to sponsor a cam and get a great service running up at Squamish. If you have any advice we would really appreciate it!

I sure miss Nitinat from my days at UVIC - you guys have it good on the coast, only two days on the water this year. The wind is not as predictable in Calgary as on the coast.

Thanks

Dan Charlesworth
bwd
Developer
Developer

More cam news...

Post by bwd »

Skypilot wrote:If the webcam is still available there is some genuine interest from the gang at Squamish.
Hi Dan: Thanks for the comments and thanks to everyone for suggestions on cam locations. Yes the cam is still available and we are actually scoping out a Squamish location right now. I'll let you know how it turns out.

For everyone else :arrow: I've added a poll to help decide what to do with the spare camera. We could put it in a new spot like Columbia, Willows, Squamish or Kelowna. We could add another Cook cam angle (we have been scoping out apartment buildings near Dallas/Douglas Streets). We could also upgrade the IV or Gordons cams increasing the reliability and the image size/quality. Or if you have any other suggestions please post them here. For all those that have donated $$, thanks, and consider this your cam and SPEAK UP about what to do with it!
thanks
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
UnusuallyLargeRobin
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by UnusuallyLargeRobin »

Hey Dave, what's the latest on a Nitnat cam? Is it going to happen? Still waiting on the Band decision?
Me: 85kg(187lbs)
FoilBoards: Fanatic 5'0 SkyWing(75lt);
Wings:Duotone v2 Unit 4.0, 5.5m; v3 Unit 3.0
Foils:Axis HPS1050(1460cm2),PNG1150(1713cm2),HA1000(1310cm2); Rears 370,425p,Skinny365/55; Fuses: ultra, adv.crazy black; Mast:90cm 19mm Alu
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

UnusuallyLargeRobin wrote:Hey Dave, what's the latest on a Nitnat cam? Is it going to happen? Still waiting on the Band decision?
the nitnat cam fell threw ... it's in this thread on page 1
colin

JR

Post by colin »

how about a location at jordan river. it would be great to be able to see the surf there. dont know how the locals would react
loco local

webcam

Post by loco local »

Columbia, Columbia, Columbia, Columbia or Goose Goose Goose Spit Comox. :roll:
~ pimp hand ~

Re: JR

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

colin wrote:how about a location at jordan river. it would be great to be able to see the surf there. dont know how the locals would react
how about NO :evil:
colin

huh

Post by colin »

i expected that answer :roll:
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

COLUMBIA.
morewind

Post by morewind »

columbia
kitermike

Post by kitermike »

jordan river would be a great place to put a web cam if you want to get it smashed to hell by the locals. anyway i think the island view cam should be upgraded, and move the island view one somewhere else. maybe start with columbia since this is mainly a vancouver island site. it seems coumbia is getting the biggest response but the people that voted for columbia might agree with me, you cant vote for both (upgrade island view + columbia) see what i mean chotchi !!
mmmmmmmm............diesel fumes
Wavos Rancheros

Sooke Basin?

Post by Wavos Rancheros »

Hey Dave, my vote would go to an upgrade at Gordon's Beach, but then what would you do with the cam thats there.....how about Sooke Basin? I am not sure if there are enough windy days to make it worth it, or even if it has a sailing/kiting area that could draw enough people, but I have sailed off of the back road by Sunny Shores Marina lots of times (saves the long drive to Gordon's) and I have been learning to kite using Billings Spit (safe for beginners because you have water on both sides, and you can body drag or downwind toward Sunny Shores Marina). Does anyone have input on the possibilities for these areas?

WR
asscrack

beginner spot

Post by asscrack »

:D Sounds like a great spot to start body dragging,reasonably safe,almost always some wind. :lol: Team effort a good idea, :shock: watch the barnacles,great flat water there for speed sailing for intermediate sailors.this is generally the area where the wind is the strongest and the steadiest.I feel the need for speed. :twisted:
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING and Life is a beach
Mattdog

Post by Mattdog »

Hey,

I know the owners of the house directly opposite Columbia Beach. They would like to install an anemometer and would probably be glad to have a web cab on thier roof as well or instead. I spoke with them recently and they are still open to a pole mount extending above thier roof.

How does the web cam interconnect to the web? Do you need a dedicated PC and high speed internet? An anemometer signal be broadcast over the web as well.

Matt
Signature Block.