Clew-View Boom Mount

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

Thanks guys,
Tsawwassen wrote:
redbaron wrote:My mounting method needs work. The camera kept moving with wipeouts and hard landings. It did result in a variety of interesting angles. :D
Cool video Jesse, I like the sky view shot at 1:30. I'd like to try that out for some B Cam footage. How did you mount it? As for my video unfortunately I made the mistake of not deleting my old footage and I only got about 20 minutes of sailing before my memory was full. I'm looking forward to my next trip to CB to film more though. That was an awesome day. :D
I had about 2" of mast coming through the top of the sail so I mounted it using a handled bar mount and a lot of electrical tape(super88)
I got about 25min of footage before one of the arms snapped from me trying to re-adjusting it. The last scene is me holding it in my teeth. (similar to the Mouth guard mount).
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Pretty cool, Jesse - well, actually, pretty cold!! I think I counted 23 seconds riding one wave - was that down in Udderland? I was going to try my resurected GoPro out that day, but decided it was too cold to wear the helmet, which doesn't fit over the hood. Must buy a big helmet while I'm waiting for the boom clew mount to arrive. Its windy when you can waterstart in the straps! Nothing useable from your 20 minutes Tsawwassen?
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

I had about 2" of mast coming through the top of the sail so I mounted it using a handled bar mount and a lot of electrical tape(super88)
Thanks Jesse, my sails have a closed top so I'll have to figure out another way.
Nothing useable from your 20 minutes Tsawwassen?
There are a few bits I just haven't had time to edit it together yet.
Coming Soon :D
BigD

mounts

Post by BigD »

Just updated my GoPro. Found this site with an exhaustive list of mounting options for windsurfing..

Http://joewindsurfer.blogspot.ca/2012/1 ... o.html?m=1