Safer access

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
wind_dummy

Safer access

Post by wind_dummy »

the parking situation at Tugwell is getting downright dangerous! the way people fly down that highway and that particular corner, someon'e gonna get killed!

wouldn't it be nice to have Muir Creek access the way it used to be?

Timberwest screwed up the parking even more recently. they should open it up again and put in a gate they can lock at night to keep out the campers.

Muir is a way better site than Tugwell. So many good points : nice launch, lotsa rigging(out of wind), great for learning,nice for families, good for kiters etc. too bad you gotta park miles away now(if you can even find a spot there).

does anybody have any pull with highways or timberwest?
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hey iserf:

I would love to get better access to Muir Creek. It was great sailing there in the 'old days' . The wind seems to come into shore better there and I love the flat water bay for jibing and tricks.

I agree about the parking situation at Tugwell especially after a no wind period. It is good to see that there are so many sailors still but it is an accident waiting to happen.

Maybe some of us can approach TimberWest?

dave
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

i hear ya dave,

approach them as windurfing club? . . .

from what I hear about Timberwest is , there not willing to give up any access to properties

maybe highways or parks or something could purchase from Timberwest?

would be nice to have highways on our side.

l8r