W.I.R.E.D. May Be History - But We Can Still Race!

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Starboard Steve

W.I.R.E.D. May Be History - But We Can Still Race!

Post by Starboard Steve »

The word on the water is W.I.R.E.D. may not happen this year after 10 successfull years. It's too bad it's over but I can understand the position of the event organizers with the changes in the management of Nitinat and all.

I believe there is still interest in racing though. I'm sure the Sunday Nitinat Slalom Series will continue next summer but it would be cool to replace W.I.R.E.D. with a Formula regatta/trainng camp, possibly on Cowichan Lake from the Pine Point foresty campsite. It may be possible to get a big name sailor like Sam Ireland out to conduct the camp. Is there interest out there in getting something like this together for next summer?

ss
Mr. X Citement

Post by Mr. X Citement »

hey - if there really is going to be no WIRED, I bet someone would be interested in working with whoever will be managing the lake to host a Kiteboarding event on that same weekend... :P

That said, it is nice when there are both kiters and poleskippers out there - makes for more total entertainment (and would it really be Nitinat without Brian drinking his face off?) :lol:
kitesurferdale

No wired coming up??

Post by kitesurferdale »

What do you mean cancel W.I.R.E.D. due to the change of management at Nitinaht. Do you mean the fees?? or something else come up?? As for a Kiteboarding deal, you bet! I would definately be interested in helping set that up.
Stammy

Kiteboarding event?

Post by Stammy »

If someone was to try a kiting event, there would have to be enough interest first. Count me in as an interested kiter. I'm itching to watch the local big boys throw it on the line for a little extra pride. Anyone else?

Post by Guest »

Lets make a Party but bring your kites and windsurf gear.
More people would show up for a big Party :P :idea: [smilie=beer.gif] :wink:
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

Sounds like a plan, I'm there!
kitesurferdale

party

Post by kitesurferdale »

So are you two saying you would donate time and energy in helping set up an event, ie looking into insurance, coordinating the event with the management of the band, getting sponsors for prizes etc etc.....
Airtime! whoo hoooo, its all about the airtime...... ok waves rock too!
Stammy

Post by Stammy »

I know a band that would be willing to come up and play for an evening. They are always lokking for some exposure. Don't know how that'd work though, guess you'd need some kind of generator or something. If any suggestions, fire away.
downwind dave

Post by downwind dave »

ok steve asked a simple question about a little formula regatta on lake cowichan and now you dudes are planning a kite party at nitinat with a band? this thread is drifting faster than me when i tried to learn to kite. steve ill see you at cow lake on K.I.R.E.D. weekend.