Where was the wind this Long Weekend?

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

Kiteboard Chick 7501

Where was the wind this Long Weekend?

Post by Kiteboard Chick 7501 »

Weather was predicted to be nice for a couple of days at Harrison... went there, it wasn't. Had been thinking of going to the Gorge, just didn't work out. Was it good there? I doubt it was any good at Squamish or Nitnat... did anyone get some sailing in? Just where?
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Nitinat worked its magic the last three days. Dunno how it is today.
Kiteboard Chick 7501

Shit... I should have gone to the Nat!

Then again I wouldn't have gotten there til Thur night, in which case if the last 3 days were windy and today is Sunday, who knows what the wind was like today and then who knows what tomorrow will bring. The forecast said rain for today... anyone get on the water :?: Kuddos to you, especially if you braved the rain and the cold, if it was in fact doing such. :? :?:
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

I got there Friday afternoon, so you could have got at least two days in - but Thursday was apparently the best. And then Nitinat is a special place even without wind.....
Kiteboard Chick 7501

That's true

Nitnat truly is a special place even without wind. :D Hope I get one more time out there on the water this year. :)
Q

Post by Q »

The gorge was windy Friday (4.0 at Doug's), light most of Saturday (except for slalom sailing conditions in the corridor after around 6 PM), and then windy again Sunday (4.5 at the Hatchery). Not sure what happened yesterday, but the forecast was looking good before I left late Sunday afternoon.
Kiteboard Chick 7501

Damn!

Damn! Didn't call it right :cry: ... went to Harrison instead as had a gf coming in town Sat night. Guess I did the friend thing but had intended to go to the Gorge originally. Spent 8 summers there awhile ago :D ... would have liked to see some of my friends there and ride the swell. :D :D :D :D Oh well. Will have to go back some other time. Should have been there. Sounds like you had fun :!:
Q

Post by Q »

Was very fun. Given all of the clouds in the forecast on Friday, we had expected the wind to be unbearably inconsistent. But that wasn't the case at all. Doug's Beach wasn't completely filled-in near the launch, but was awesome everywhere else away from the Washington shoreline. The Hatchery was a tad up and down on Sunday, but definitely good enough to keep everyone smiling while I was there. Windsurfing season is probably done for me (outside of Vancouver at least), but if _you_ can afford another long weekend in September, the gorge will still be cookin' Cheers......
Kiteboard Chick 7501

Thanks for the info

Sounds like Doug's and the Hatch would have been great! :D Love sailing there :!: Might get in one more sailing/kiting sess, but might try Nitnat again, as long as the weather holds up. Am checking out the long range, but was going to go to Nitnat based on the long range for the long weekend and the weather changed drastically, see what it does in the next couple of weeks. KB 7501