Rock Climbing at Nitinat

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Arguablypassive

Rock Climbing at Nitinat

Post by Arguablypassive »

I was just wondering if anyone has found any good spots to do some climbing/bouldering around nitinat?

If not, can anyone recall a potentially nice rock face on any of the surrounding hikes?

I figure it would be a great way to wake up in the morning, and work out the early onset arthritis I'm acquiring from gripping my bar to hard...
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

youve got it wrong, bouldering will just flame out your arms quicker.. try a nice bike ride! Theres some minor bouldering to be had in the caycuse cave/canyon, you can do short traverses over pools. to find them just talk to any campsite oldtimer or pm me
Last edited by downwind dave on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nosey

Post by Nosey »

Interesting Dave, can you walk to the caves from the camping area at Nitinat???
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Its walkable but will probably take most of an hour each way.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

I observed a local climbing group at the corner rockface just a few hundred from the pavement of the village road across from the pens. They were top roping and playing around there, not sure if it's any good but you could easily walk or bike to it. 8)

And yeah, arthritis so you "work out" but using static grips?? I don't think so, grabbing the handle bars of a mountain bike for extended periods I would suggest would have similar negative effects....but hey, the X training would be great for other parts :P
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....