BWD Wavesailing Camp...

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

bwd
Developer
Developer

BWD Wavesailing Camp...

Post by bwd »

BigWaveDave Wavesailing Camp
When: June 27 to July 5 and July 18 to August 3
Where: Hopefully on the Oregon Coast!!

Join the BWD crew as we tour Oregon. See the scenic towns of Bingen, Arlington, The Dalles, Florence and Oceanside.

Follow the BWD crew around in the eco-caravan, learn how to sleep in until 10am, hang out at the coffee shops until 1pm, then sail, then eat and drink, then repeat. Enjoy the soothing and soft blowing sand at the Florence Jetty and swim with the dolphins. Tour the fine establishments of Jacks and Jaxs, and enjoy the night life of Bingen.

Sign up early for these benefits: front row parking at the gravel pit and horse camp, hands on instruction (well not really, but I'm sure someone will tell you what you're doing wrong), and get your picture taken riding the latest '09 gear:

Learn dietary tips from team nutritionist RD, including potted meat in a can and meat cookies. And did I mention the bonding? See what two weeks on the coast can do for you:

Dates: June 27 to July 5
July 18 to August 3

Where: first choice Florence/Oceanside/Pistol/Cape S., second choice the Gorge...

Who's in? Spaces are limited so sign up early!

Here are some videos to increase the stoke:

Florence:
[VVideo]http://www.vsocial.com/ups/d3f7d879a459 ... a172520681[/VVideo]
The Hatchery:
[VVideo]http://www.vsocial.com/ups/16100b1983cf ... 59fbbd42a3[/VVideo]
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

I wanna ride '09 gear too! I'm in for the second trip. I'll bring the flowers for "Shadow's" memorial at the Horse camp. First round of Pabst Blue Ribbon is on me :P
Poultry in motion
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I'm stoked! I'm going to practice extra hard now. Discipline, discipline, discipline!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

what a deal, Matt Pritchard charges like 2 grand for his baja wave camp, this is practically the exact same thing.
Johnnyman

Post by Johnnyman »

Hell DWD Matt Pritchard is taking a turn on the sheep looks like he's in too! I've got July 10-21 off plan on heading down to Oregon then.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

if I'm still walking then I have my time booked and man am I stoked for this....to watch/sail with BWD at a wave camp....in all that luxury that is the Jetty, wow :shock: an Pabst Blue, too much :!:

Ah....Who's Matt Pritchard?? :?:
Last edited by KUS on Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bean

Post by bean »

there's SAND in Florence?!?!?! ok, let the scheming begin :twisted:

Fireball!!!
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by ~~~~~4j~~ »

I am extremely busy with work that time of year BUT I'm trying to get more balance in my life, and I'm desperately trying to improve my skills in "my" sport...soooo...I'll try to make it to the BWD camp this year, at least for a few days. Maybe I should combine this with the loop challenge. Are there prizes? I'll bring my cameras. Perhaps a video camera too? I think we need more GoPro cameras!
Last edited by ~~~~~4j~~ on Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheLaw

Post by TheLaw »

Sign me up for pre/post sailing entertainer for the second trip! I really am that funny just ask all the horses in the horse camp.
Give'R
Windsurfish

Doooooooode!

Post by Windsurfish »

What an offer - Does this mean free lessons in avoiding the dreaded desert poodles too? Count us in! I gotta learn to loop, and you da man. Besides, you need someone along to break gear, right? :)

YU DA Man
Fish

Post by Fish »

If the offer includes complimentary removal of sand from every nook and cranny imaginable i'm in
FISH
shaggy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by shaggy »

That Matt Pritchard dude sure is a good lookin man, even if he does have a fondness for livestock.
Mike C

BWD Camp

Post by Mike C »

I am amped to hit the Coast this summer. I'm planning to be there! I was also thinking about renting a house in Gold Beach for the summer months. Could be really fun!
Geoffy

Sails for Oregon trip

Post by Geoffy »

So - Is a 3.8 small enough for the OR coast trip or should I look at a 3.4? I'm all of 2 kg heavier than BWD! Planning for the second trip as first clashes with daughter's B'day!

Mmmm - freedom day - May 7th!
We windsurf - life must be good!
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: Sails for Oregon trip

Post by KUS »

Geoffy wrote:So - Is a 3.8 small enough for the OR coast trip or should I look at a 3.4? I'm all of 2 kg heavier than BWD!
probably but you are a birdman....well, last time down we got blown off the water 5 out of 7 days if I recall, Eastdood with his 3.7 and me on the 4.2. I guess you can start earlier being lighter :twisted: Oh, but wait, the KA Kaos goes from 3.7 to 3.3, not 3.4 Geoff :idea: :wink: