Harness opinions

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
wind_dummy

Harness opinions

Post by wind_dummy »

i'm looking to purchase a new harness . . .

anyone have the DaKine thermo-form waist hrness?

if so, what do you think?
Rigfrenzy

Re: Harness opinions

Post by Rigfrenzy »

wind_dummy wrote:i'm looking to purchase a new harness . . .

anyone have the DaKine thermo-form waist hrness?

if so, what do you think?
The Dakine Thermoform harness is by far the best harness I've owned. I've had mine 4 years now. It still fits and supports well, and I've only needed to replace the spreader bar webbing twice. Works great with or without wetsuit (won't creep up to your ribs). I will definately buy another when mine sees it's last day on the water.
8)
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

sweet!

i'll be lookin for one of those tommorow, seeing as i busted my existing one today( I knew it was ready to go ).

they look so nice and cushy

:D
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hi wind_dummy:

We are all hoping for a full report on the new harness when you've had a chance to use it.

Hope you get some wind out there + more importantly: what is the surf situation - is wavesailing an option tomorrow???
wind_dummy

Post by wind_dummy »

hey BWD,

it figures, when you buy something new, it stops blowing! sorry ppl.

i just loaded that vic java cam, and it looks gross and wet in town there... happy to report that it's cracked open real good out here, and the west wind is freshening(slowly).

as far as surf, i can see lines, so i'm gonna go inspect shortly(late sart for me today)

super low tides lately, so the major push isn't till later, maybe wind will be there by then too!