Looking for a pressure slope master......

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

G-Daddy

Looking for a pressure slope master......

Post by G-Daddy »

Help! Been here two years, thought I had it all figured out, then I got skunked by EC/NOAA/The wind model a couple of days ago because I missed 'rule number one' according to BWD since the pressure slope was all wrong.... Further proof that I'm still a kook despite all my efforts.

Despite the NE slope yesterday, turned out to be awesome at CB. Today it seems to be shutting things down again....

Any chance a pressure slope/zen wind master could explain how the slope affects NW/SE winds in the Strait? What does the dashed line mean on the model? Etc....

Please elevate me from my ignorance.

G
JL

Post by JL »

Go to the library & borrow 'the wind came all ways' ... The env. Can. pressure slope doesn't show the location of the 'low' ... I only trust it when the predicted winds are similar to what we see on the 'island map' 8) The Tatoosh / Smith Is. gradient ( clear weather) is accurate because it uses known points . (Tatoosh & Smith) http://www.bigwavedave.ca/RecentData/Pr ... recent.htm'
Thermals are good.