Speed is everything

A place to discuss anything non-weather and non-wind/kitesurf related. Generally unmoderated, but rules are enforced on occasion => you can get suspended or kicked out and messages can get deleted.
Martin

Speed is everything

Post by Martin »

Just tried Google Chrome. My home page "Google" comes up in 2 seconds after I double click the "Chrome" shortcut. With "Internet Explorer" it is 11 seconds.
From there to Bigwavedave is 1 second via "Chrome" and 5 seconds via "Internet Explorer.
Only seconds but it seems like "hours" when you are waiting for something to load.
Anyway, an interesting experiment. "Chrome" also seems a bit crisper with font and colour.
I sometimes use "Firefox" as well but now prefer "Chrome".
Ned

Post by Ned »

AaronC

Post by AaronC »

This video is awesome.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

wow :shock: hey thanks Martin. Even tho I think there is always some dark reason why something works over another (like Google sabotaged Firefox, I stopped using explorer long ago cuz of the same reason......and I think Firefox sabotaged IE, haha :lol: ) I do love speed :idea: and this is (so far) notably faster! :!:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
xmyxlife

Post by xmyxlife »

KUS wrote:wow :shock: hey thanks Martin. Even tho I think there is always some dark reason why something works over another (like Google sabotaged Firefox, I stopped using explorer long ago cuz of the same reason......and I think Firefox sabotaged IE, haha :lol: ) I do love speed :idea: and this is (so far) notably faster! :!:
Sounds like you may need it after switching over to your poor peasant speed ghetto value internet connection! :lol:
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Actually I have noticed not much diff except when downloading videos (which are usually a total waste of time and disappointment) and am saving $45 per month....buys a few beers and I'm not feeling like a lemming as all those who don't even blink paying for cable, Inet, cell phones etc. just cuz everyone else is .....in the hundreds per month.....lining some more the pockets of the already too rich :roll:

I think cell and internet marketing is bigger than oil :!:

In my sneaky ways my bill for cell, home phone, basic cable and internet is $65-70 per month TOTAL, how about YOU :?: Ah, you can probably spare the change, eh :wink:
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

How the @$!$# do you pull that off? PLS let me in!
Don't forget to bring a towel!
xmyxlife

Post by xmyxlife »

My cell phone is down to 30 a month, but i do admit that my internet is very expensive. But it's imperative, as i need to watch my precious edmonton oilers lose every second night.
Go Oilers. :lol: