Fun Racing

Races, swaps, beer nights, clinics, etc.

Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Fun Racing

Post by Bobson »

I'd like to try to start some fun racing in the area. To begin with just getting to know people that are interested in some fun racing. Wait for some wind and pick some buoys or crab traps to go around. Even if it's just 2 people. So post here if you'd be interested, no commitment just getting to know who's interested. Even if it's just two people sailing together trying to go racing eachother. Just something to get the stoke back.

Then when there is wind any of us can post where they are going and anyone else can join in. If anyone has any idea's don't hesitate to post them. Only positive posts please. :)

I'm thinking that in the summer time we can get a weekly racing series going possibly on Sat or Sun..?? Lots of spots like Nitinat, Port Alberni, Dallas Rd that will have dependable winds when it's warmer. It's not that tough to put some markers in the water at Nitinat. It's pretty easy to organize something if there is enough interest.

Just putting feelers out there now while it's early.....Ding!
Good Times,
BOBSON!!
KC7777

Fun Racing

Post by KC7777 »

Hey Bobson,

I would be in to it. I will be at Nitinat lots this summer. The big gear was fun there last year in the light winds. Would like to try out PA as well.

Also would like to set something like this up at Harrison Lake too.

Keith
tweezer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tweezer »

Count me in.
Tweezer
abetanzo

Post by abetanzo »

Kite racing is what got me keen on the sport...I race a 1960s Thunderbird and already love sailing but I've never taken lessons with a kite...planning them now with strong and down south in some warmth!!

If I could get RVYC keen to host an event I'd like to be able to say there might be support boats at Cook ??? I don't know... sounds like a lot work too...
waterman

Post by waterman »

Would be lots of fun you can count me in. I have not raced since the gorge pro am days and the nitnat slalom series of the mid to late 80's... man I thinks me old :shock: :shock:
tempy
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by tempy »

a ressurection of slalom racing at Nitinat would be fun. I knew there was a reason I hung on to the Mike's Lab.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

All my boards are dogs for speed - might have to get a slalom board to fill up the space left in the van ..... But I sure had fun the last few times racing, and that was before I could reliably get around the corner.... I won't be around most of the summer though :cry: