Anyone been sailing?

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

winddude

Anyone been sailing?

Post by winddude »

New to living in Victoria, been seeing about 18 knots often around racerocks often. Wondering if anyone has been heading out?

Thinking about heading out there now, anyone else heading out or already out?
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

hey dude, welcome to town! this is the stuff you want to post up on the mssg board, not hide on the forum. Race rocks is a tough spot to get to but it can be a precursor to a westerly coming in later at Cook st. check the wiki for all the sailing locations. i'll see you on the water later this summer for sure. cheers! :D
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

I live by esquimalt lagoon and try to get out as much as possible now! Are you out colwood way?
winddude

Post by winddude »

I live by esquimalt lagoon and try to get out as much as possible now! Are you out colwood way?
I'm out in the Langford area so Gordons Beach, Jordan River and Esquimalt are the closest for me. Hopefully I'll see you around!
hey dude, welcome to town! this is the stuff you want to post up on the mssg board, not hide on the forum. Race rocks is a tough spot to get to but it can be a precursor to a westerly coming in later at Cook st. check the wiki for all the sailing locations. i'll see you on the water later this summer for sure. cheers!
Thanks, somehow I missed it, I'll keep an eye on that now for when and where people are heading out!
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
windaddiction

Post by windaddiction »

Cool I do shift work so I have days off during the week so I can hopefully max some time out. What do you have for gear. I just have my sup but I want to try some wave sailing.