Cook Street Webcam Archive

What's new on the website
bwd
Developer
Developer

Cook Street Webcam Archive

Post by bwd »

The Cook Street webcam pictures are saved every minute and you can check them out for a week at a time here.

There are 7 days of images with Day 0 starting on Sunday and Day 6 ending on Saturday. When you click on a Day it shows a page divided up into hours. The top row shows the hour 6 to 19 (6am - 7pm). There is a picture every minute.

The images get overwritten every week. So if you are on the water and want to check out if the cam got you, check here.
Last edited by bwd on Sun Jun 12, 2005 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
Kite Kook

Post by Kite Kook »

That is awesome. Good work!
Vive et Ama
dont want to look stupid

Post by dont want to look stupid »

is there a way of linking them all together and watching them like a movie?
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

dont want to look stupid wrote:is there a way of linking them all together and watching them like a movie?
Don't worry thats not too stupid a question :lol:

The only way I can think of to make a movie is if I download all the images, run it through a jpeg to avi converter then repost. It would be a big file (10-20 MB) and it would probably have to be resized to 320x240. I could do it if it was an epic day or something. Maybe there's an automated script out there that will do it on the server. not sure.

The webcam archive thumbnails are slow to load since there are so many of them and it has to generate them on the fly. So its sort of meant as a way of looking at a particular time of day if you know you were on the water.

dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better