Gorge wind?

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

Gorge wind?

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

Thinking of a trip to the Gorge next week....wind models have not shown much in a bit, and for a bit...is this normal? i'm using windguru and wonder what folks know about wind this time of year? thanks a bunch.
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy

odd

Post by SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy »

because Nitinaht and Nimpkish show nothing for the rest of hte week....
Kevin

If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy. Be content with what you have take joy in the way things are. When you realize you have all you need, the World belongs to you.
Snarfer
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Snarfer »

Gorge can be flakey in August - hard to predict. At least the no-wind shopping is great.
dunkinguy

gorge forecasts

Post by dunkinguy »

Try Temira Wagonfeld's site," The Gorge is my Playground"or 30knotwind.com (awesome site).
Love The Hate!
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

My new Fav is wind-speed.net
Don't forget to bring a towel!
mortontoemike

Re: odd

Post by mortontoemike »

SaltSpringKiterPeaceGuy wrote:because Nitinaht and Nimpkish show nothing for the rest of hte week....
If you are looking on WindGuru for Nitinat or Nimpkish forecasts you should be aware that WindGuru uses grid output "... GFS data on windguru have about 50 km resolution .." (http://www.windguru.cz/int/help_index.php?sec=windmod). Because the N-spots are driven by local thermal cycles they will not show up in the model.
I wish my TOW was longer!