May 2014 windsurfing?-Nitinat,Gorge,Pacheedaht(Port Renfrew)

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
KC7777

May 2014 windsurfing?-Nitinat,Gorge,Pacheedaht(Port Renfrew)

Post by KC7777 »

Hey,

Ski season wrappin' up. Looks like 80 ski days now a possibility (will be at 77 days at end of the weekend......I know that no one cares.....but it's all I have).

Re windsurfing in May.

For once I don't have CA School teaching every weekend in May. (just the first and last weekends). I only teach at UFV on Tues and Thurs in May.

So I definitely want to get an earlier start on windsurfing this year, usually I don't start until end of June. If I can get sailiing skills back earlier I will consider going to the Coast in summer.

Potential trip dates/days for me in May are:

May 8 -12
May 15-19
May 22-26

All weather dependent.....Kus are you hitting the Gorge the May Long weekend?

I would like to do one Nat trip in May and have never been out to Pacheedaht for SUPing. I need some Ezzy masts (400cm and 370cm bottom/400cm top) and a 4.7M Ezzy sail so a Gorge trip would be good too.

Post here if/where you are going sailing somewhere in May?

KC
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

well, I told you what I'm doin' :idea: and unless we get a heat wave it ain't the Nat....nor does it involve Ezzy's :arrow: very unfortunate but at least they are tough, should be a plus on the coast :?
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
KC7777

May

Post by KC7777 »

KUS wrote:....nor does it involve Ezzy's :arrow: very unfortunate but at least they are tough, should be a plus on the coast :?
Aaah Markus.....why don't you tell us what you really feel? You just aren't opinionated enough. Ha!

I will figure out where to go based on the weather in May. I have pretty big gear (my 120L/7.0M Harrison set up) so Nitinat may work.
nanmoo

Post by nanmoo »

I don't think you can plan much yet with that window... wait and see what the weather does. I bet Pistol is cranking in May though...
Don't forget to bring a towel!