Next web cam at Comox Spit?

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

Next web cam at Comox Spit?

Post by Guest »

Hi everyone. i am loving the cb cam. It is good to see everyone out on those classic cb days. My brother and i have been windsurfing at cb for 15 years! Lately I have been kiting at Comox spit. There is about six of us local guys and growing. Recently we have had guest appearances from Grant M. and other Victoria locals. I was wondering if there is any interest in setting-up a web cam here? A couple of us kiters own local businesses and could maybe sponsor the cam. Let me know what you think.
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Hey Guest - kind of a lack of response on this one. I'd be interested in helping out, but I'm kind of maxed out for cash. I think it's a great idea to try and find a sponsor.

A webcam would be good, but how about wind speed/direction too? Let me know if I can help out,
dave
Now That I’ve Given Up Hope, I Feel Much Better
ldzielak

Post by ldzielak »

I emailed Iwindsurf.com and tried to get info on what it would take to get a real sensor at Comox. But they are a buisness like any other and make money from subsciptions, I doubt there is enough people in our little group. I even offered to service the sensors, but that was not enough to get even a price out of them.

Guest who are you?

Lee

Comox Spit

Post by Guest »

Trouble is, It's a small kiting area and if you get more that half a dozen kiters out it's pretty hectic - and that's people you know and trust their style, you know who you can razz up and who to steer clear of as they're not nimble enough yet. Imagine if it gets really popular???

It might be a good idea to keep it low key and simply find a house on the hill that has somebody home during the day and call them when you want.

I like cam's but there ..... I don't know .... it would be a pity to see it over crowded. But can the temptation be risisted?

Anybody hear about the idea of an oyster farm in the bay there that I heard the local tribe (or what ever the PC word is at the moment) is thinking about. Sharp shells on the beach and in the shallows and an oyster farm filling the bay. Lovely!