Windsurf buddies needed

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
CRiver gal

Windsurf buddies needed

Post by CRiver gal »

Hello,
New to this site and not sure if it will work for me.
I am from Campbell River, fairly new to windsurfing, and looking for people to meet up with at Nitnat Lake. I have been there twice before with a friend but now I have no one to go with. Safely wise is just nice to know someone is looking out for you.
Spent a few weeks windsurfing La Ventana last winter, bot most of the water starts down and was in some pretty strong winds, so certainly not a beginner. However still at the learning stage.
Anyone wanting to hook up can contact me directly at
I am hoping to get there next Thursday, fridaay, saterday Aug 21-23.
Christine
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Christine;
Everyone that windsurfs at Nitinat is your windsurfing buddy. It feels awkward to just sit with a group not knowing folks there, but from a fellow windsurfer (but also an introvert) - just smile while sailing, ask about gear choices and do your jibes right in front of the message board area with spectacular crashes and you'll have mucho sailing companions in no time!

And all of us look out for each other even if may not appear so, we know when someone's damaged gear, etc.
Sparkley
We windsurf - life must be good!
Joostio
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by Joostio »

Another great option for CR folks is Nimpkish lake, closer than Nitinat but not as learner friendly. Also much quieter as far as number of sailors.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Christine
Yes, no worries that you won't have buddies at the Nat. If you don't feel you know anyone at first, that will quickly change, as Sparkly said. If I lived at Campbell River though I'd have Nimpkish as first choice. Launching from the kiting beach would be an option if you got too frustrated by the wind shadow at the main camp beach. I think the season there is about done though, while the Nat is OK (still wind, but usually a bit light) through September.