La Ventana Accommodations

General discussions. Please keep the topics weather, windsurf and kiteboard related. See the Off-Topic forum for other topics.
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

La Ventana Accommodations

Post by Tsawwassen »

I'm thinking about a tip to LV with my family, including grandparents, so I'm looking for a house to rent. I was wondering if there is a big difference in these locations, El Teso and El Sargento from La Ventana, for windsurfing and general beach recreation for the kids. I've never been and I'm not sure what would be best, any info about the area would be really appreciated. I would be going in January if all works out.

Cheers,

Michael
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Baja Joe's is really great for the location and vibe - if you don't mind a (huge) shared kitchen for cooking while having freestanding cottages as well as suites for everything else. The bar right there is convenient too :D . With a large group a house would likely be a better deal.
rvanderbyl
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by rvanderbyl »

If you are there to windsurf and anything else you can imagine I've always wanted to stay here...but haven't yet. Close to Baja Joes too!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLnG_yV2TB8
http://prowindsurflaventana.com
Why aren't YOU out there?
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Thank you guys. I've looked at both. Wyatt and Tyson's place was my first choice but the place they have that would fit us all is booked. It's not the best for a family though unless everyones windsurfing. Still trying to figure out where to stay so if anyone else has some info let me know. Plan B would be Maui at the end of March beginning of April.
Brass Munkey

Post by Brass Munkey »

I was down there this January and February and stayed a few weeks with Rowdy at the DownWinder Inn in El Sargento. He gave us a longer-term deal with a two week stay, there's a big kitchen, fridge, stove, a covered area out of the wind, it's a 5 minute walk to the beach, and a real nice bike ride/walk around the arroyo at El Sargento. It's about a 10-15 minute drive up from Baja Joes and pretty quiet, and has about 8 units altogether. He might cut you a deal if you ask nicely and book up a few rooms!

They also had a pair of Ford Rangers that they lend out to guests (no charge) but they ask that you just fuel them up when you return them and don't go offroad with them. Their "thing" is that they drop kitesurfers off and launch them at El Sargento, then meet their guests down at Baja Joes, which could work for gybing pratice on a windsurfer, too.

http://downwinderinn.com/

there's a real nice view from the roof too, you can see the wind line and get pretty good at predicting your conditions. We really enjoyed our stay there.
BigD

La Ventana

Post by BigD »

I'm heading down March 1-9th. Likely staying at Pro-windsurf. Mostly Kiters coming down with me, love to see some pole skippers ome out to play.
Stoked!
Tsawwassen
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by Tsawwassen »

Thanks for everyones suggestions but we've decided to go to Maui instead.