2017... Going inflatable

General discussions about windsurfing: equipment, setup tips, problems, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
winddude

2017... Going inflatable

Post by winddude »

apparently 2017 will see dedicated inflatable windsurfers from starboard... I'm not sure how I feel about this. The pic below is Bouj looping a 2017 inflatable during this years photoshoot on Maui.
Attachments
13418798_989315271179971_7378116041678387351_n.jpg
13418798_989315271179971_7378116041678387351_n.jpg (252.42 KiB) Viewed 3911 times
Must ... Sail... More...
Lawrence <a href="http://www.winddude.com">'Wind Dude'</a> Stewart
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Re: 2017... Going inflatable

Post by winddoctor »

winddude wrote:apparently 2017 will see dedicated inflatable windsurfers from starboard... I'm not sure how I feel about this. The pic below is Bouj looping a 2017 inflatable during this years photoshoot on Maui.
Why so conflictipated? Are dey threatening to steal jubs and drive up reel 'state?
Poultry in motion
winddude

Post by winddude »

seems very low performance... just an inclining that's not good for the industry... but I suppose, starboard knows more then me.

Not to mention to much pumping when I want to sail...
Must ... Sail... More...
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

cool, if they just add the inflatable rig too, the sport would 'blow up'. haha :D
interested how they got what looks like a huge slalom fin mounted on that board. :shock:
skywalker

Post by skywalker »

Great now the windsurfers will be stealing my pumps too!
these are not the pumps you are looking for....
winddude

Post by winddude »

downwind dave wrote:cool, if they just add the inflatable rig too, the sport would 'blow up'. haha :D
like this?
interested how they got what looks like a huge slalom fin mounted on that board. Shocked
My guess is because they need it to make up drive due to lack of rails and bottom contour
Must ... Sail... More...
redbaron
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by redbaron »

I think it's a good idea. Great for beginners and for free riding.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Looks like lots of bottom contour in that last photo Lawrence.

As I've said before these look great for Lake cottage toys and don't have the storage problems of traditional windsurfers, nor the uphaul wrenched back issues.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Awh jeez...Market angle...potato gun vs 9mm Luger...gotta have an inflatable for the moron that thinks it's "almost as good with much easier storage/travel, honey...for the cabin, sweetie" for almost the full price :roll:

And your collective comments lend credence to the BS

It's NOT as good ...nowhere near as good...inflatable Barbie doll BS is what it is....Let me ask: is your inflatable girlfriend as good as the real deal? We're not talking right hand vs left here, people...we're talking velour vulva!!!

Thought not... :roll: :lol: I'm gonna get shit again :lol: for speaking the truth
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
winddude

Post by winddude »

KUS wrote:Awh jeez...Market angle...potato gun vs 9mm Luger...gotta have an inflatable for the moron that thinks it's "almost as good with much easier storage/travel, honey...for the cabin, sweetie" for almost the full price :roll:

And your collective comments lend credence to the BS

It's NOT as good ...nowhere near as good...inflatable Barbie doll BS is what it is....Let me ask: is your inflatable girlfriend as good as the real deal? We're not talking right hand vs left here, people...we're talking velour vulva!!!

Thought not... :roll: :lol: I'm gonna get shit again :lol: for speaking the truth
+10 for kus!! He beat me to it

A 10 year old freeride board is a better choice, performance and cost wise plus you can leave it outside at the cottage and it won't leak.

Plus it's not like they are marketing these outside the windsurf community to bring in new blood, RS-1 and techno 293 do a much better job. It's just gimmicky crap, I'd rater see brands focusing in bringing gear prices down, quality control, riders, events etc
Must ... Sail... More...
winddude

Post by winddude »

Mistral also came out with an inflatble called the wind glider.... And since then, whens the last time someones bought a new mistral, seen a pro on mistral, let alone seen mistral???
Must ... Sail... More...
JL

Post by JL »

Does the inflatable Barbie come with straps :idea: :?: Just think how fun it would be with 5 or 6 kiters riding her across Nitinat :P
Attachments
barbie.JPG
barbie.JPG (42.26 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Last edited by JL on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
Thermals are good.
downwind dave
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by downwind dave »

bouncy castles, party islands.. all these toys are part of a nefarious plot masterminded by the air pump corporations. stay awake sheeple. :?
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

winddude wrote:Mistral also came out with an inflatble called the wind glider.... And since then, whens the last time someones bought a new mistral
The glider had the nasty habit to send the learner quickly downwind even when they were doing things right, I suspect the inflatable rig/board combo will do the same, a much better IMHO learner was the Gorge produced Aqua Glider which I would in turn highly recommend for the first two days of someone learning to windsurf.....but it too has the usual inflatable issues: easily punctured "fin boxes", bulging bulkheads, collecting sand & gravel even in the sleeve, pretty big and heavy even when deflated :roll: but it does allow the learner to keep upwind :idea: and yeah, they are quite inexpensive, Ebay 100-600 bucks new :arrow:
downwind dave wrote: stay awake sheeple. :?
I like that 8)
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
gorge_r_and_d

Post by gorge_r_and_d »

You guys are idiots! ... anything that makes windsurfing cheaper, more convenient & accessible is a good thing. I fit 6 of these in the back of my Suby wagon & had shortboards on top. Not every one has a van or wants one...

http://chinooksailing.com/index.php/sup ... oards.html

WE are "all in" with inflatables, every one of our inflatable SUPs has a mast insert. So Crossover from SUP is a real advantage & it is happening. When you pump these things up to 20psi, you will be hard pressed gain much advantage from a hard touring style SUP.