Sailing log Statistics #1

What's new on the website
Russian Dood

Sailing log Statistics #1

Post by Russian Dood »

Ladies and doods,

finally I finished up first part of sailing log statistics. If you are logged in, you can see the link on the right side of the Sailing log page, right above "My toybox" link.

Stay tuned. More is coming soon....ish
Last edited by Russian Dood on Mon Feb 07, 2005 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

Cool ruskie, one suggestion I have is given this excellent start is trying to narrow the "Secret Spot" stat by adding more known sailing locations like Cattle Point, Pt. Renfrew, Agate, Bazan and Pat Bay on the island,

(a lower mainland category: Harrison's Riv Tow & Bear Creek, Squamish, Spanish Banks, Tsawwassen Terminal and Centennial, Hope Fraser River, Whistler etc. for the lower Mainland....and Gorge Category might be a cool addition down the road). 8)

It would also be interesting to see stats for "common", not just my own if that were possible with sail size and volume used.....I know, getting silly here but I always wonder what everyone was on a given day. :roll:

Nice going dood!! :D
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Stats page

Post by Bobson »

DOOD, YOU RULE!!! :D :D :D

The Russian-dude is KING!!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Here's a sample screen shot showing the Stats for all you posers who haven't registered yet for the Forum and don't use the Sailing Log :D . The more people we get using the Sailing Log the better the stats will be. The plan is to eventually add stats for gear used in the Toybox, Common log stats (stats for the group), and to expand the Secret Spot details. Great work Russian Dood.

Last edited by bwd on Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Wow, that is great Russian Dood! :D :D :D I am quite surprised to see some of the pattern emerging - Nitinat wasn't nearly as big a chunk of my sailing time as I thought it might be (that will change over a full summer I'm sure).

Any chance of doing a summary table for everyone's combined time and posting that to a forum, like BWD did for the example?
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Thanks for the feedback, guys! It's very much appreciated.

KUS dood secret spot names grouping will be added later, when I'm done with toybox usage. Adding them into the list for just choosing, well... personally, I don't see a point. Major sailing sites on the island are covered; if one happens to sail once in a while some place else it's not a big deal to type in the name of the spot.

Common statistics will come later ( soon...ish ) after I'm done with personal statistics.

mf4 dood What do you mean by
summary table for everyone's combined time and posting that to a forum, like BWD did
? Common statistics will be open for not logged in users. By the way, Dave posted just a screen shot sample of some "Secret user" collected from "undisclosed testing server" :wink:
~ pimp hand ~

Post by ~ pimp hand ~ »

nice werk russian guy ! [vodka][smilie=beer.gif][vodka] :mrgreen:

guess i'd better get busy and log some TOW ... my stats are downright embarrassing ... i jus gotta get over some tennis elbow and a trapped nerve(i'm fallin apart) and i'll be right out there on the next [sunny]westerly! ... untill then i will ride pow while my injuries heal(doesn't seem to aggrivate) :roll:
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

RD the King
I meant same as your "Common statistics" I guess - just wondered if you could do a snapshot of it as-is without programing - prob. not, I'll wait. We already have some really basic stats - like that 462 sessions have been posted.
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

Sorry man,
I cant post it "as is", I have a model, but it's too simplistic and looks a little crooked. It's pretty much just a sketch that will not look like a final screen at all :lol: . So be patient, it's coming.
Bobson
Website Donor
Website Donor

Toy Box

Post by Bobson »

....Yah, we're all pretty good about being patient......WHERE'S DA WIND!!

DOOD, take all the time you need. This stuff Rules and looking at you I'd never know you're a computer GEEK!! HA - again...just joking RD-DOOD!!! :D
JL

Post by JL »

8) Nice work Dood !!!
Thermals are good.
Russian Dood

Post by Russian Dood »

I added toybox usage to the stats, and BWD fearlessly installed it. :D
Enjoy
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

Thats amazing!!!!! Fabulous work, RD! Now our used gear postings are going to have to read "Ezzy wave 5.8, 2003. Used 12 time 2003, 34 times 2004, 5 times 2005" :roll:
morewind

Post by morewind »

great addition Kremlin dooood! thanks for putting your valuable spare time into making this an even better site. Mike