Camper Rental Nitinat

General discussions about kiting: equipment, setup tips, safety, where to go, where you should have been, lost and found
Larry Pinta

Camper Rental Nitinat

Post by Larry Pinta »

Hi,

Thinking of coming in from Alberta for some days in Nitinat in late June. I have been there lots but wanted to look at renting a camper this trip. I rented one years ago but I am sure I was outside of insurance on the dirt roads. Any thoughts? Options?

Thanks in advance
KUS
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by KUS »

As in "load on your truck" camper? Season might be a bit late starting this year
Wish less, sail more!!
Vancouver Island Windsports
Chinook /Takuma /KA Australia

You're either in or in the way....
Doing things the hard way since 1963....
Larry Pinta

Post by Larry Pinta »

Were thinking middle of June (still too cold?)

Last time it was a pull behind, but don't have access to a vehicle this time so looking for a drivable unit.

Thanks
Geoffy

Post by Geoffy »

Triangle RV in Sidney (5 minutes from airport) has Class C rentals. There is an exclusion for un-improved roads so you'll be at your own risk, but units are nice. There's a good car-wash just south of Duncan (Shell station I think) large enough for drive under in an RV to get the Nitinat dust off.
We windsurf - life must be good!
more force 4
Sponsor
Sponsor

Post by more force 4 »

You can buy icbc rental vehicle insurance that will cover ypy for most risks. Best read the fine print but we regularly get rental trucks for industrual roafs. You csn even rent one with the forest road channels and a radio (from prince george not the island) but the icbc insurance should cover the rv from a rental.
winddoctor
Website Donor
Website Donor

Post by winddoctor »

Larry! Your dates are wrong. Oh, so wrong. Those dates are the Oregon coast trip! :twisted:
I believe you mean July for Nitinat!
:lol:
Poultry in motion