island view

General discussions about the weather, incoming storms and swell, complaining, why is it always so windy at night etc.

JL

island view

Post by JL »

Hey all you frustrated wind chasers...look's like the first frontal push of the season has begun ....see you at the beach.....jim :mrgreen:
30knots

Post by 30knots »

See you there(if it happens). I'm off today. We had a very mellow 16m session yesterday.
Fly hard, jump high!
30knots

Post by 30knots »

They are still calling for se wind, but it is blowing ne????????????
Fly hard, jump high!
30knots

Post by 30knots »

Hey Jim, it may be cook street after all, look at the 2pm prediction.
Fly hard, jump high!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

30knots wrote:Hey Jim, it may be cook street after all, look at the 2pm prediction.
Next front on its way and from the MM5 model it looks like it could bring some SE action our way tomorrow am maybe? Hopefully it will be better than Monday anyway.

Hey 30knots, yeah that Westerly wind prediction on Monday kind of sucked. The pressure gradient was so up and down that day and the predictor doesn't work too well when it does that. Maybe I will try to smooth out the gradient and give a wind prediction range based on this and also from the raw data - kind of like saying 3pm Race Rocks W10-15,

dave
bwd
Developer
Developer

Re: island view

Post by bwd »

jimmy lewis wrote:Hey all you frustrated wind chasers...look's like the first frontal push of the season has begun ....see you at the beach.....jim :mrgreen:
Looks like maybe the real thing this morning - I'm going to check out Island View in a bit for a dawn patrol session. The E pressure gradient is huge. See you there. Columbia is probably a better tho, but hopefully Isl View will be good. 8)

dave
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Just got back from Isl View and now I'm at work - that's not a good sign. It is about 10-15 knots on the beach but there is some waves and shore break. The rain isn't a good sign. Maybe try again in a few hours.

dave
Horny for wind

Post by Horny for wind »

Yeah, the web cam at Island View was showing a fairly sad scene earlier as well. Columbia is going off right now, as my buddy at French Creek was so kind to inform me this morning!

C'MON!!

It's clearing over Juan de Fluka now. Maybe a nice easy breezy westerly to come before I have to go to work? Nah, that's askin too much. My prediction: By 2 pm, Westerly 30 knots, sunny, warm, clean swells, a few logs. 'Course I start work at 2 pm....

Whining poster signing out!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Horny for wind wrote:Yeah, the web cam at Island View was showing a fairly sad scene earlier as well.
OK it might be windy now - the cam looks good and it is cranking up here at the airport. It might be worth a trip back down there...

dave
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Just got back from Isl View. Some guys got out sailing+kiting for a bit but it was up and down and rainy. It looks like it is switching W now so hopefully Cook Str will be a little better this aft - or JR maybe ???

dave
Horny for wind

Post by Horny for wind »

bigwavedave wrote:Just got back from Isl View. Some guys got out sailing+kiting for a bit but it was up and down and rainy. It looks like it is switching W now so hopefully Cook Str will be a little better this aft - or JR maybe ??? dave
I got suckered into chasing it at Island View as well. Though I never got onto a full plane, I did enjoy the eel grass fest and long walk of shame back to the parking lot. Oh, and there's lots of dog poo to rig your sails on too. Sweet session!! Hope you all have better luck at KooK St. It's getting windy just in time for me to go to work. Enjoy!
bwd
Developer
Developer

Post by bwd »

Latest reports are that :

"it is blowing pretty good in Pat Bay right now and a wall of water is on it's way. There is one guy out there with a green sail".

Cook Street looks promising too...