Search found 50 matches

by dangerdane
Wed May 02, 2012 5:19 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Light wind launching at clover point?
Replies: 15
Views: 4669

Clover

Launching at Cook on a SE is not bad since you can walk down the pavement ramp. On a W I think Cook is the better option..much safer. Any problems ie: gusty contitions is sketchy for inexperienced kiters. Ensure you have selected the right kite size! Lots of traffic on Clover Point to watch out for ...
by dangerdane
Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 am
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Port Renfrew
Replies: 29
Views: 16677

Renfrew

So I guess this thread means I dont have to log my session location as Muir Creek or Gordos North anymore? :roll: I might as well mention the great new sections of paved road on the way into Renfrew as well. All kidding aside I love this place. Last year we had an awesome time on Canada Day Longweek...
by dangerdane
Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:25 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: What is your favorite Podcast?
Replies: 4
Views: 1653

Favorite podcasts

Coverville, Diggnation and the Totally Rad Show
by dangerdane
Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 70677

BWD Around the World!

Got my Hoodie and T they look great! It would be cool to see some pics of people in their BWD swag at windy beaches around the world!
by dangerdane
Wed May 11, 2011 3:26 pm
Topic: Need to clear out that 2001 Wipika sitting in the garage?
Replies: 7
Views: 1779

Caution

Hey Ned I still have RR's Caution but I guess since its 50% Tuck tape you wouldn't be interested....lol. I also have a 9m/16m Bronco I'll donate to ya.
by dangerdane
Thu Mar 24, 2011 2:40 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: BWD Wear
Replies: 183
Views: 70677

BWD swag!

1 M Hoodie and 1 M T-shirt for me please! :D
by dangerdane
Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:06 pm
Topic: New to Kiting?
Views: 7749

Aww common Kus the Kook Kite eating tree is hungry! :twisted:
by dangerdane
Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:41 pm

LOL you guy's obviously missed my selflaunch at Kookst yesterday in WNW crap wind.... :oops:
by dangerdane
Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:59 pm

New to kiting

Sounds like you got the right idea with the lessons. If I could do it over I would have saved the money to pay for a lesson. I did get a beginner lesson that took me up to the body dragging point but should have taken them till I could go upwind. It's definately the safer way to start out, it will a...
by dangerdane
Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: The Drive to Columbia Beach
Replies: 9
Views: 1888

CB and Beyond...

The drive to CB or SP isn't that bad just relax and enjoy the drive. If I get a couple hours TOW I'm happy. Just stop in and get a coffee at one of the many TH's on the way. Now driving to Comox and getting skunked and or being totally OP'd that sux!
by dangerdane
Thu May 13, 2010 9:47 pm
Topic: LOST (I think...)
Replies: 2
Views: 776

I looked around is that worth 1 beer? Someones gotta design a laminated checklist. Lots of lost gear this year!
by dangerdane
Fri Jan 15, 2010 5:25 pm
Topic: Add to our Westcoast Windsport Dictionary!!
Replies: 69
Views: 21504

WC word list

Flying by Braille - What you have to do when the wind is blowing rain into your eyes so hard you are temporarily blinded.
by dangerdane
Fri Dec 04, 2009 3:13 pm
Topic: Snowkiting?
Views: 2942

Hey Ian thanks for your constructive comment! Yeah I have seen Something Stronger a great flick as well! As for trying to grab a copy of Entropy that's sweet!

See you guys tonight!
by dangerdane
Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:32 am

AC thanks for your input! I guess I should have specified a somewhat "local" spot!

I'm sure there is a good place on the island to go and I'm on the hunt.

As for the lack of snow sharkdiver it will be here soon!
by dangerdane
Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:03 am

Snowkiting?

With the weather turning colder my thoughts of snowboarding get stronger. I'm in the process of trying to find a safe open spot to kite. Has anyone on here tried snowkiting on the island? If so any suggestions on where would be a good spot? Also I would love to find a copy of this video. http://www....