Replies: 2
Views: 1116

Free Kites!

Free Kites!
-2006 6m OR Bright Yellow
-2006 8m OR Red
-2007 9m North (faded yellow)
-2006 12m OR Bright Yellow

Material waiting to be turned into something else...

Kites are in Vic (Moss & Fort)
by JasonD
Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:59 am
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Swell Forecasting for SUPers
Replies: 0
Views: 929

Swell Forecasting for SUPers

Hello fellow wind-sailers/SUPers!! Just wondering if you'd like to fill me in on what swell forecast convinces you to make the drive out to JR for SUP surfing?! For longboarding (givin' up on short boards in Canada), I make the drive on anything over 10' on Magic Seaweed with a WSW to NW swell. Obvi...
by JasonD
Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:37 pm
Topic: JR townsite for sale to First Nations
Replies: 4
Views: 1730

Good post! Funny thing is I had asked the girl who was at the gate (not the guy who's usually always there) in early Oct and this is exactly what she said would happen.... I could be wrong but it sounds like the important parcel of land, for me anyway, will be left to the CRD?!? So no restricted acc...
by JasonD
Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:49 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kite Specific Surfboard Build Thread / Info
Replies: 17
Views: 3863

@smallwavesteve: check your PM (old board!)
by JasonD
Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:08 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Best Campsites along the Gorge/Hood river for windsurfing
Replies: 21
Views: 6606

@CTK: There will be at least 1 other kiter at Manzanita and/or Florence South Jetty so you won't be alone...
by JasonD
Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:17 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Oregon Wavesailing Trips 2012
Replies: 222
Views: 56154

Hey guys! Sounds like there will be a few peeps from Vic on the OR coast over the long weekend?! I usually head straight for Cape Kiwanda as I usually am solo but I'd like to try some other areas with others. I kite, SUP n longboard. I prefer wave riding but not monsters like PR/CS (I'll leave that ...
by JasonD
Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:37 am
Topic: Chiropractor
Replies: 3
Views: 1982

Chiropractor

I'm looking for a chiropractor who is a wind/kite surfer or surfer. My lower back is acting up again after each session and I'd like to get treatment from someone who knows/understands what the back goes through when doing these activities. thanks! Jason p.s. If anybody thinks another form of therap...
by JasonD
Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Jordan R. / C.R.D. survey
Replies: 7
Views: 2980

Any mention on what they plan on doing about the 'shack' that is located on the property? As much as the 'locals' are a pain sometimes, its gota suck to have yer clubhouse demolished and land taken away... Maybe that's why they've been pretty chill lately?!? FYI I even saw one on a SUP a while back!!!
by JasonD
Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:30 pm
Topic: looking for someone to repair a dry suit neck seal
Replies: 7
Views: 2274

Frank White's
by JasonD
Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:35 am
Topic: snow kiteboarding
Replies: 23
Views: 6523

Hey Trav! I very rarely post here but I felt like I've got to say something as I think I represent the mid-range here. I'm not a neubie yet I'm in no way an expert and don't have the experience as others here. That's why I don't post a lot. I'm too busy READING (listening) to all the great advice. I...
by JasonD
Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:31 am
Topic: Kiting near Campbell River/Quadra Is.
Replies: 0
Views: 525

Kiting near Campbell River/Quadra Is.

Hey! I'm heading to Read Is. tonight so I won't be around for the local wind tomorrow. I know about Columbia and Comox but after researching closer locations to Campbell River, I came across locations such as: Saratoga beach, Miracle Beach and Rebecca's Spit (on Quadra). Any thoughts on where I can ...
by JasonD
Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:25 pm
Topic: bladder patch
Replies: 3
Views: 889

bladder patch

Hey! Anybody know what tape/patch I should use to cover a tiny pin hole in my brand spankin new, expensive ('cause of UPS's brokerage fee) Airtime replacement bladder?? Anybody else ever get a bladder from Airtime (Oregon) with a pin hole added for free?? Replacement? Warranty?? Will leading edge or...
by JasonD
Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:34 am
Topic: Oregon dune buggies!
Views: 1701

Skate-park?! Unless it's made of rubber, instead of the usual concrete, I think I'll pass but thanks anyway haha I love my board sports but I also love the fact I get to fall on water/snow!! Thanks for the info on Florence Kus! I was going to head to Pacific City for the convenient surf/wind/sand/fr...
by JasonD
Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:27 pm
Topic: Oregon dune buggies!
Views: 1701

Oregon dune buggies!

Anybody ever rent dune buggies on the Oregon coast?

-What's the best area?
-Company?
-Can you still rent 'real' buggies or are they all the converted 4-wheelers now?
-Other than Pacific City, anybody know of a good place to sand-boarding?

thanks!!
Jason
by JasonD
Sat Apr 09, 2011 7:13 pm
Topic: Harness opinions
Replies: 11
Views: 2889

Thank you Teabag!! I know who you are (foil kiter) so I will come talk to you the next time I see you on the beach. I'm 225lbs with a 36" waist...