Search found 422 matches

by abetanzo
Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Any newbies out there?
Replies: 6
Views: 1713

Im about to take lessons this summer.. but feel pretty confident I will be a quick learner and would be keen to make it up to N. Lake and Renfrew or others often...

are you able to make it to the brewery tour Friday night? put a face to the name!! will stay in touch
by abetanzo
Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:23 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Brew Tour - Friday, April 27th - Moon Under Water Brewpub
Replies: 16
Views: 5428

In...
by abetanzo
Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:17 pm
Topic: KITE REPAIR IN VICTORIA??
Replies: 17
Views: 5130

Leitch & McBride in Sydney...http://www.leitchandmcbride.com/Repairs.htm
by abetanzo
Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:25 am
Topic: Shopping in the US
Replies: 15
Views: 3933

thanks everyone... I have a much better idea of what to look for and how much to spend... I did make it into the OR shop and spoke with John Z. there are some good deals there and a nice new kite or board is still fairly reasonable... just gotta convince the girl that I need it! Lessons are the big ...
by abetanzo
Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:58 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Fundraiser Venue/ Kite & windsurf Race
Replies: 27
Views: 6013

I would be happy to help organize a race committee to host an event with RVYC in summer 2012... I believe the logistics are fairly simple. Drop a few marks in a windward leeward, or olympic style course etc.. and raise /drop flags under the RRoS (racing rules of sailing). One boat from RVYC and two ...
by abetanzo
Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:24 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Fundraiser Venue/ Kite & windsurf Race
Replies: 27
Views: 6013

Sign me up to help out skywalker.. I am a member and can operate a support boat for the event.
by abetanzo
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:53 am

Roger that Marty... I might have to wait to buy something that new... Will most likely wait until I am fully trained up and slowing building the flying skills. Although newer kites seem to have the best flying characteristics! there are some good deals on nearly new kites for around the $600-$700 ma...
by abetanzo
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:24 am

by abetanzo
Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:18 am

by abetanzo
Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:22 am
Topic: Wetsuit thickness summer / winter
Replies: 8
Views: 2644

PA is the girlfriends hometown and the kiting seems to be kicking into high gear there so will definetly get there for some summer kiting for sure..
by abetanzo
Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks all... that 7mm is really geared to cleaning the bottom of a boat and some recreational diving / snorkelling. But was thinking in the winter it would be nice to have an extra layer and thickness with hopefully some movement!!
by abetanzo
Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:59 am

Wetsuit thickness summer / winter

Hi just wondering what wetsuit thickness to get for summer kiting? thinking a 4/3 should do??
I already have a dive / snorkel geared Pinnicale semi dry Merino lined 7mm wetsuit which I will most likely use in the winter.
by abetanzo
Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:06 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Fun Racing
Replies: 6
Views: 2997

Kite racing is what got me keen on the sport...I race a 1960s Thunderbird and already love sailing but I've never taken lessons with a kite...planning them now with strong and down south in some warmth!! If I could get RVYC keen to host an event I'd like to be able to say there might be support boat...
by abetanzo
Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:55 pm

Thanks... nwkite looks great. I totally like to support local but some of the used gear is at very good prices from people who thought they d get into it and never did... i know with any sport there is bad gear... OR is good but I won't buy brand spanking new while I'm learning unless its a smoking ...
by abetanzo
Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:44 am

Roger that.. I saw your post for an Island View session and wanted to get out, but couldnt..

I figure I should start on a wakeboard style as it should be easier to get up...