Search found 225 matches

by eastside
Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:54 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Kiteboard fins - where to buy single hole fins?
Replies: 8
Views: 2571

Blue Motion Fins --Gordon Hall 250- 754-3422 I think his user name on here is BMF.
by eastside
Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:25 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: The Guild of the Golden Helmet
Replies: 90
Views: 28686

by eastside
Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:53 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: ATAN booties Review
Replies: 43
Views: 17720

I have been putting wool socks on with the 3mil and it significantly increases the warmth in the winter. I don't find them stinky either. I always rinse them out.
by eastside
Sat Jul 13, 2013 9:30 am

The down side is the soft bottoms don't hold up that well with the barnacles. They still last me about 100 sessions. That's the price you pay for sensitivity.
by eastside
Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:42 am

They are the best. Are you getting the thicker ones in? Looks like they have a 6.5 mil but is that too bulky to get in foot straps?
by eastside
Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:28 pm
Topic: Hollow Wooden Cedar Strip Kite-Surfboard
Replies: 51
Views: 9472

Very impressive piece of work! Hopefully it will float :wink:
by eastside
Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:33 pm
Topic: What length harness lines you sailing?
Replies: 30
Views: 7596

I went to 28 in, then to 30 about 2 years ago. I think it helps to get me up wind if I hang off the boom. Mast foot pressure. I try and put the boom up in lighter wind but find I am more comfortable in stronger wind around shoulder height. I didn't like the adjustable lines because I found them hard...
by eastside
Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:27 pm

It was passed on by David M to Nanmoo for the multiple crownings expected in Oregon. Several mutts, me included, held the crown for some very dubious loop misadventures, planned and otherwise.
by eastside
Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:42 am
Forum: Comments and Suggestions
Topic: Icon
Replies: 10
Views: 7290

Kona Bud's in Departure Bay. Bought my Mistral Tarifa there and took it to the Gorge. That was a scary experience. Tail walking a 10 foot board in 30 knots with minimal skills. Ed Wilde had a shop in Lantzville then Coombs for a couple of years too. Hopefully windsups will bring people back into the...
by eastside
Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:56 pm
Topic: Camping at Pistol / Cape Sebastien
Replies: 8
Views: 2272

I camped in a campsite called Indian Creek up the Rogue River. It was close to town. It had a restaurant in front which was popular at breakfast time with the locals. It is across the street from the river. We had no issues and I would go there again. There is a state park further up. Warmer and les...
by eastside
Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:10 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: Lawn mowing with a 13m cloud
Replies: 5
Views: 1808

That's amazing. Less than 10 knots. You should get plenty of those days in Nanaimo.
by eastside
Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:10 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Enbridge sponsorship of the Ride to Conquer Cancer
Replies: 11
Views: 3126

If we wait around for government to cure cancer or anything else we will be waiting a long time. If Enbridge wants to spend money on this then good on them. All they are doing is delivering a product we all use. We are all the problem and better be the solution. And we need to walk the walk as well ...
by eastside
Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:32 am
Topic: Vehicle Camping Thread
Replies: 1
Views: 4856

Good advice Kus. Love this from the webspawner article. "All condiments, even mayonnaise, remain tasty and safe for months at room temperature, and processed meats like hot-dogs and lunch-meats are okay for a week or two. Just rinse them off if they get slimy." 2 weeks should get us throug...
by eastside
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:02 pm

Ah shucks it was nothing really. I'll be on the lookout for the next recipient! I'm thinking it could be an Udder aerial, but who knows.
by eastside
Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:58 pm
Topic: COLUMBIA WEB CAM. Etc ?
Replies: 45
Views: 9270

Yeah, he does look cuddly! Great work and thanks.