Search found 17 matches

by Brass Munkey
Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:51 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Closures (Covid-19)
Replies: 42
Views: 25571

RCMP have a roadblock set up on the highway after Kennedy Lake. They’re specifically looking for campers/van people and non residents... It sucks.
by Brass Munkey
Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:24 am
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Haida Gwaii sailing/windsurfing adventure
Replies: 5
Views: 5803

Haida Gwaii sailing/windsurfing adventure

#GwaiiProblems sailing/windsurfing with HiyoSilver, RedBaron and Brass Munkey

August 2017... 3 minutes

https://vimeo.com/251908964
by Brass Munkey
Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:22 pm
Forum: Directions to Island Sailing Spots
Topic: Haida Gwaii to Tofino sailing spots?
Replies: 11
Views: 7851

Kunghit, Moresby

Can Any cruisers out there tell us about spots they've enjoyed which would give consistent winds around Moresby or Kunghit Island, southern Haida Gwaii?
by Brass Munkey
Sat May 27, 2017 11:52 am

We're looking for spots that will fire on a west swell. It seems like a lot of Vancovuer Island (Nuchatlahts, Nootka Island, Hesquiaht) needs a south swell
by Brass Munkey
Sat May 27, 2017 11:41 am

Re: Haida gwai to tofino.

Jacobs beach at the south part of brooks penisula and anchoring at columbia cove would be nice too if south swell. Is there a wrap-around westerly, and a reasonable place to anchor? we're looking for wavesailing, but will take anything. Thanks for the advice, and we'll check it out on google maps. ...
by Brass Munkey
Sat May 27, 2017 11:40 am

ozy wrote:windsport did an article on nootka island . an old friend brad drummond was on it . i could get you in touch with him if you want
Perfect! A couple of us were talking and someone brought that up... this is exactly what we're looking for... yes please
by Brass Munkey
Wed May 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Haida Gwaii to Tofino sailing spots?

Can anyone help with suggestions for windsurfing or surfing spots from Masset all the way to Tofino? I'm cruising my sailboat down from Queen Charlotte City through Gwaii Hanaas and trying to figure out places to stop and wave-sail both in Gwaii Hanaas and on the west coast of the island from San Jo...
by Brass Munkey
Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:58 am
Topic: New Baja Driving Route
Replies: 6
Views: 6415

SWEET!

thanks! yeah i might try cutting through san felipe this year, then. bahia los angeles was a pretty fun flat water spot to sail, on the way as well...
by Brass Munkey
Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:17 am
Topic: New Baja Driving Route
Views: 6415

Baja drive fall 2017

Hey guys, any plans to take this route south? Do you cross at Mexicali, on this route? If so, how did you get a tourist visa? It's so easy at TJ, but does anyone know if you can swing into the border office and pay the visa as conveniently as TJ?

Thanks!
by Brass Munkey
Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:07 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Ride Share to La Ventana
Replies: 0
Views: 1305

Ride Share to La Ventana

Hi everyone: I'm looking to drive to LaVentana leaving 22 November. I can take limited amounts of gear, does anyone want to ride down and share expenses with me? I'll be taking a honda ridgeline with a roof rack, but I'll be bringing my own gear and an inflatable dinghy. I'll be looking to do the dr...
by Brass Munkey
Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:39 pm
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tofino thursday
Replies: 14
Views: 4802

I went blasting around Grice Bay a couple times last fall,as the SE came in. A little gusty, but the flat water option was great. Same goes for over by rainbow bridge on the Kennedy in a SE, or the provincial park boat launch in a NW. The gusts evened out as the wind comes over the lake. What about ...
by Brass Munkey
Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:22 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Tofino thursday
Replies: 14
Views: 4802

Give r!!!
by Brass Munkey
Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:33 pm
Topic: La Ventana Accommodations
Views: 2317

I was down there this January and February and stayed a few weeks with Rowdy at the DownWinder Inn in El Sargento. He gave us a longer-term deal with a two week stay, there's a big kitchen, fridge, stove, a covered area out of the wind, it's a 5 minute walk to the beach, and a real nice bike ride/wa...
by Brass Munkey
Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:43 am
Topic: Getting Windsurf Gear to La Ventana
Replies: 3
Views: 1536

I talked to a guy from Isle Surfboards in National City, San Diego last January. He was mentioning that it was pretty easy/cheap to get equipment shipped down from Tijuana.

It's only 45 minutes to the airport in LaPaz, maybe you can put your gear on the plane?

T
by Brass Munkey
Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:27 pm
Topic: LaVentana Questions
Replies: 22
Views: 7012

and it looks like a FOURTH forming to the west and south...

http://earth.nullschool.net/#current/wi ... ,28.95,552