Search found 6 matches

by Q
Thu May 20, 2010 1:18 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85724

Hi Dave,

I check your site about once a week from spring thru fall. Keep up the great work!
by Q
Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:40 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Where was the wind this Long Weekend?
Replies: 8
Views: 3649

Was very fun. Given all of the clouds in the forecast on Friday, we had expected the wind to be unbearably inconsistent. But that wasn't the case at all. Doug's Beach wasn't completely filled-in near the launch, but was awesome everywhere else away from the Washington shoreline. The Hatchery was a t...
by Q
Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:53 pm
Topic: Where was the wind this Long Weekend?
Replies: 8
Views: 3649

The gorge was windy Friday (4.0 at Doug's), light most of Saturday (except for slalom sailing conditions in the corridor after around 6 PM), and then windy again Sunday (4.5 at the Hatchery). Not sure what happened yesterday, but the forecast was looking good before I left late Sunday afternoon.
by Q
Tue Aug 28, 2007 11:05 am
Topic: Nitinaht O.S.R.
Replies: 40
Views: 13515

The weather doesn't have to be "bad" on the coast necessarily in order for there to be be good wind in the gorge. Generally, however, the _temperature_ on the coast needs to be cooler than the inland temperature. (Note that this is a generalization only since other so-called "synoptic...
by Q
Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:14 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinaht Windfest 2006
Replies: 101
Views: 28960

Wow, Wyatt Miller at Nitinat? A-w-e-s-o-m-e! Great guy. Star talent, and still totally down to earth. Wyatt, please, please, please agree to set aside time for one of your looping clinics in August!

Regards.........Jeff
by Q
Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:43 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: BWD/Nitinat shirts
Replies: 12
Views: 2402

BWD/Nitinat Shirts

I'll take one (possibly two). Only problem is I'm in Vancouver. I am hoping (in fact, planning) to come to Nitinat for the Labour Day long weekend, but could end up heading to the gorge (or the coast) if the Island forecast doesn't come through. Let me know how we could hook up for a couple of shirt...