Search found 12 matches

by Lateriser
Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:16 pm
Forum: Wingfoiling Discussion
Topic: Wingfoiling Progression
Replies: 272
Views: 82311

Re: Wingfoiling Progression

hi monicavi, thanks for your detailed post and kind words ( walk of pride :lol: ) One idea really stood out for me "It's essentially all about reaction time of the rig" This makes totally sense. The heavier and sluggish the rig is - gives me longer reaction time . So in this meaning "...
by Lateriser
Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:21 pm

Thanks everyone for all input, very interesting. I have built up endurance with caring my " led" gear up wind at the beach, but the walks are getting shorter lately. After reading all posts I was inspired to actually put my stuff on a scale. 7.3kg for the foil with mast and mounting plate....
by Lateriser
Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:45 pm

How much does weight of the gear matter?

whats the experience of the pro guys? There is not much info out there. Some wing foilers were saying to me - weight doesn't matter , if you up flying . For me thinking basic physics , gravity is what keeps us down floating . If you have less gear weight , you need less wind, less wing size, less sp...
by Lateriser
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:19 pm

You're welcome JDR. Im a guy who wants to know how things work.My Foil gear is not new, all mixed, homebuilt and used stuff. My fuselage was was 61cm ( slingshot) and I made a homebuilt extension to 85cm. I had the same problem like you , getting up and than loosing completely control over the board...
by Lateriser
Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:56 am

hi JDR, sorry to hear about your wing. Im a wing foil rookie as well. I find Ross Bay perfectly for me - easy walk backs up wind, sheltered bay and mostly other wingers out there. Im very impressed by the welcomed wing community - everybody is awesomely helpful and sharing experiences. I SUP'd to di...
by Lateriser
Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:53 pm

Thanks for all advice. Narrower stance makes sense, wrong moves have less bad impact. I will practice this next time.
I also read similar stuff about stand and "butt" position - like imaging holding a golfball with your cheeks .... lol
so much to learn
by Lateriser
Sun Jun 06, 2021 8:00 pm

adding to this wing foil going upwind - in my search for learning avoiding all my upwind walks ( thinking time) I found this tutorialhttps://www.progression.me/blog/learning-to-win ... ngsurfing/
This is not working for me. Wing backwards brings me upwind. Am I wrong here?
by Lateriser
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:51 pm

Im a wing foil beginner as well and several sessions on an old crappy longboard on land helped me a lot to handle the wing. Next time after on the water I could more focus on the board, stand and stuff. Just got some longer micro flights in at Ross yesterday- this erased my frustration from the last...
by Lateriser
Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:23 am
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Nitinaht Lake this weekend?
Replies: 9
Views: 2168

thanks more force4,

we'll see us :)
by Lateriser
Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:07 pm

Hy kus, ja ich bin's ;) yes I am.

Its too bad....

do you windsurfguys stay here in victoria about the free days?
or is there anywhere someone,who will drive to the windyspot - if wind comes?
by Lateriser
Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 pm

thanks for the tips. I'm a german windsurfer, and my experience are from the baltic and northern sea. our season is starting in september. and the best time are from oktober till april. If we had a long weekend, such as this one, we met us on our sweet spot, rode hot finn's, drunk beer or wine and s...
by Lateriser
Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:40 am

Nitinaht Lake this weekend?

Hy windfolks- make it sence to go to the Nitinaht Lake this long weekend?
It's my first time here. Is anybody out there? And the fuc.... road, is she a only big gaping hole? anyone knows about this?
hopefully comes wind

lateriser