Search found 23 matches

by sharkdiver
Mon May 03, 2010 3:03 am
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: kiteboard safety in Tofino
Replies: 5
Views: 2137

I like your post, it would be a shame for kiters to be banned from tofino, this post could easily have tofino substituted in for cook or IVB or anywere for that matter. kiters, be them new or old need to be aware of the surrounding areas, ocean and beach, now is the time that people are coming out t...
by sharkdiver
Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:22 pm
Topic: kiteboarding accidents / safety tips
Replies: 291
Views: 146971

take it for what it is, free.
by sharkdiver
Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:10 am

the insurance issues are the same. that is why anyone who decides to teach someone needs to have a long kiting session to think if he or her wants to take the responcibility of teaching anyone. the only thing that is different from padi and a kiting instructor or business is that they have taught mi...
by sharkdiver
Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:14 am

Interesting email I got from Padi today What Could Happen if You're Not Properly Covered What would happen if there was a property loss or an incident and you didn't have insurance? How would you repair or replace the property? Would the property loss result in your business being closed for a short...
by sharkdiver
Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:25 am

the shop that recomended him would have been paying you:)
by sharkdiver
Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:23 am
Topic: Legal aspect on "helping"a friend kiting
Replies: 33
Views: 8464

so you all know i am not a kiter yet. but coming from scuba diving and becoming an instructor with Padi and divemaster with other agencies, i have taught people formally and also mentored divers. giving advice to newbies is not a big deal, it is helping the sport grow(and it is going to grow) it is ...
by sharkdiver
Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:41 am

You hit it on the head dave, I am not yet part of your kiting community, yet i love taking pictures and have asked alot of the kiters about getting started. I was told wait till may, till the winds are not so gusty and all over the place. also I have had people recommend who and were to get taught b...
by sharkdiver
Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:38 am

and we probably do not have to mention that when you teach somebody, you do take a legal responsibility. Before you teach someone, think of the results it can have on your life is something goes wrong, is it worth it. certified instructors( not sure about kiting) get the legal advice, are insured, a...
by sharkdiver
Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 pm
Topic: HELMETS!!!!!!
Replies: 29
Views: 7272

better to have a helmet then not, it only takes one time when not wearing one.
by sharkdiver
Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:27 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Yoga for kitesurfers, windsurfers, and surfers
Replies: 12
Views: 2650

cool, I been doing p90x and the guy that developed it said that he has always been in great shape, but it was yoga that made all the difference in his sports.
by sharkdiver
Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:41 am
Topic: Pictures from Island View Beach, kites and wind surfers.
Replies: 6
Views: 1810

anyone going to island vies beach today? i see there is going to 20kts today
by sharkdiver
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:28 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: anyone kite surfing this weekend in victoria
Replies: 10
Views: 3895

were u all going to be tomorrow, got some good shots today, some really good ones of elliot and the guy on the yellow surf board. I want to take jump pics. i see IVB is not as strong as cook street.

and i threw the pics up on my flick page

www.flickr.com/scottpaterson
by sharkdiver
Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:00 pm

i threw some pics up on this site, if you guys could tag the people in the pics it would be cool.
by sharkdiver
Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:45 am

Pictures from Island View Beach, kites and wind surfers.

hey all, thanks for the day today, I had a great time taking pictures of you doing your thing today. also got to talk to a few of you, it was great to meet you. anyway I took a ton of pictures, too many to put up on big wave dave site, that would take me to long to do that, so i will include a link ...
by sharkdiver
Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:49 am
Topic: best kitesurfing location to get close pictures.
Replies: 1
Views: 610

best kitesurfing location to get close pictures.

I am looking to find out the best kitesurfing site to get good pictures of the surfers in victoria, I found that at cook street, i can be over by the rocks on the south side if the surfers are boarding in that area. I want to get some good jump pictures? is cook st, island view or willows the best p...