Search found 6 matches

by Rob Creese
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:40 am
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Gloves lost
Replies: 0
Views: 1260

Gloves lost

I left a pair of thin neoprene gloves at the beach at Cook street on Monday did anybody pick them up. Thanks.
by Rob Creese
Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:46 pm
Topic: How we use the University of Washington Wind Model
Replies: 226
Views: 85464

UW-WRF-GFS model

Many thanks to the University of Washington forecasters. Without their brilliant work, marine forecasting would seem to go back to the dark ages. I use it not only to plan time on the water, but to predict general weather in the entire city. I understand that it is even used by BC Ferries.
by Rob Creese
Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:31 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Johnny Read
Replies: 97
Views: 49895

John

John was a warrior and an inspiration, and with his passing has gone a piece of all of us. He will be missed in our lives, and most especially, in the life of our beach.
Robert and Daniela
by Rob Creese
Sat Mar 22, 2008 3:46 pm
Topic: Moving to Nanaimo
Replies: 9
Views: 3012

nanaimo

check out Lantzville beaches like Oar Road when the morning northwest comes in, before it turns west in the afternoon. Ballenas Island at around NW 18 knots plus.
by Rob Creese
Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:03 am
Topic: Sailing break to heal the body, alternative fun??
Replies: 7
Views: 1696

flip flop

Whoa man, that makes horrible kitemares seem tame. i wonder if the reason there are no document attacks from black bears on Vancouver Island is because no one has been left standing to tell the tale. did you wet yourself? You can tell us, it would be understandle.
Rc
by Rob Creese
Tue Oct 18, 2005 12:52 pm
Forum: News
Topic: Webcam news, Columbia zoom, new computer etc
Replies: 9
Views: 8350

zoom

you rock dave thanks for all your work on behalf of the wind and water addicted. we are people too. by the way, do you know the phone number for the NWS forecasts so to check our waters by phone when not near BWD? Environment canada, bless their hearts, seem a little, well, out of touch, and unlikel...