Common biking injury???
by kookkiller
Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:59 am
Forum: Windsurfing Discussion
Topic: Windsurf school at nitinat
Replies: 14
Views: 3935

Lessons / school

It has been tried in the past and never really took off. You can teach someone to sail in an hour who has never done it before. Then with most things its just TOW. Once people progress into higher winds its really only waterstarts that people have trouble with and gybing. Which are usually taught by...
by kookkiller
Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:21 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: To windsurf or kite?
Replies: 38
Views: 8455

gear

sometimes u can find windsurfing gear cheap, buy it. get some kite gear, i have seen that cheap too. put 2 kites either end of the windsurfer making a table. picnic the wife. enjoy both sports. both great to watch and seem equally enjoyable
by kookkiller
Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:26 pm
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8986

this only started from the initial post which seems to have been changed or deleted.
by kookkiller
Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:15 am
Topic: Upwind at Nitinat PSA
Replies: 34
Views: 8986

Claiming stake

First time I have heard of anyone claiming the beach in this fashion. Are there going to be signs posted too I would hate to get in your way. The last shops that were up there had to do business from the trailer outside the gas station. I guess you have some sort of documents stating your claim..
by kookkiller
Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:33 pm
Topic: Money for nothing, at Nitinaht
Replies: 49
Views: 13703

Having been a solid user of the lake in the 90's and then a 10 year break, and up for a day trip last Sept it had the same vibe to me. In the 90's I thought if we wanted more out of the place there would be a cost involved. Now kind of the same thing, if more is provided the cost may jump up from $1...
by kookkiller
Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:03 pm
Forum: Off-Topic
Topic: Nitinaht - What Services?
Replies: 6
Views: 3021

Having been a solid user of the lake in the 90's and then a 10 year break, and up for a day trip last Sept it had the same vibe to me. In the 90's I thought if we wanted more out of the place there would be a cost involved. Now kind of the same thing, if more is provided the cost may jump up from $1...
by kookkiller
Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 am
Topic: The Future of the BWD Website Depends on You
Replies: 297
Views: 119521

Nothing like calling people freeloaders to start them donating.
by kookkiller
Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:22 pm
Topic: Shipping stuff from the Gorge
Replies: 10
Views: 3314

I don't even know you so how could it get personal. People want gear and they want it cheap, that's the bottom line. There will always be someone selling stuff cheap, online, out of a van, or garage. It all depends who is the cheapest at the time you need something. No one considers warranty replace...
by kookkiller
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Nothing was wrong with my initial comment. Guys selling stuff out of vans and garages drove out the shops. No overhead flooded the local market. This is why mail order and buying from the gorge increased in volume.
by kookkiller
Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks like not everyone gets to have there opinion on this site!!!!! Keep up the good work