Search found 12 matches

by friendlyfire
Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:46 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: NZ Kiter visiting - Advice from the locals
Replies: 2
Views: 903

Re: NZ Kiter visiting - Advice from the locals

I loved my time in NZ and the local kiters were super friendly. Happy to return the favor.
Come up to Comox and ride with us here! Look for SE winds. Give me a call - Brian 250 650 1775.
by friendlyfire
Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:15 pm
Topic: Board found at Heron Rocks Hornby
Replies: 3
Views: 1275

Re: Board found at Heron Rocks Hornby

Hey Rob, did anyone claim this?
by friendlyfire
Sat Jul 16, 2022 9:02 am
Topic: Carbon fibre boards!!! Are they worth the cost?
Replies: 1
Views: 1944

Re: Carbon fibre boards!!! Are they worth the cost?

I realized I'm responding to an old post but in case you are still interested I ride Brokite carbon boards and think they are fantastic. Light and responsive.
by friendlyfire
Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:16 pm
Topic: Board found at Heron Rocks Hornby
Views: 1275

Board found at Heron Rocks Hornby

A friend of mine found a twin tip washed up at Heron Rocks a couple of days ago. Reply back with indentifying info and I'll get you in touch with him.
Brian Muir 250 890 0891
by friendlyfire
Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:29 pm
Topic: Heading to Loreto, Baja.... Kite?
Views: 1444

Heading to Loreto, Baja.... Kite?

Hey, I could have sworn I posted this earlier today but it's vanished.
I'm off to Loreto tomorrow and am thinking about taking a kite and board. I understand it may not be an ideal spot but with a 14.5m Flite I can probably make go in pretty light wind. Any suggestions/advice?
thanks guys
by friendlyfire
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 pm
Topic: Found a board in Comox Lagoon...
Replies: 0
Views: 1057

Found a board in Comox Lagoon...

I found a twin tip washed up downwind in the Comox Lagoon this morning. It may have been there a while, covered in weeds. Reply back with a description of your lost board if you'd like it back.
by friendlyfire
Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:38 pm
Topic: Looking for ride from Raleigh to OBX, May 2nd...
Replies: 5
Views: 2627

Looking for ride from Raleigh to OBX, May 2nd...

Hi guys, this is a long shot, but I'm hoping someone might know someone with travel plans lining up with mine. The deal is that I am joining up with a troop of Comox Valley kiters for a Hatteras blowout, but in order not to miss my kids ballet recital (like I did last year because of kiteboarding!) ...
by friendlyfire
Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:01 pm
Forum: Weather Talk
Topic: Nitinat going off this week?
Replies: 6
Views: 7363

Nitinat going off this week?

Hi, can anyone let me know if Nitinat is a good bet this week, with the summer like weather setting in?
by friendlyfire
Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:03 pm
Topic: Kailua Bay?
Views: 1592

replying to my own thread... A short stretch of beach is designated for kite and wiindsurfing launch but the signage is not very good and sometimes there are little kids playing right in the action zone. The local protocol is to rig the kite on the grass and then carry it down to the sand for launch...
by friendlyfire
Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:21 pm
Topic: Kailua Bay?
Views: 1592

Kailua Bay?

Hi Years ago I stayed at Kailua Bay on Oahu for family vacations and a bit of mellow windsurfing. This spot works for us because there is something for everyone and accommodation is available near the beach (unlike Maui where the conditions are better but I'd always be leaving the rest of the family...
by friendlyfire
Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:52 pm
Topic: Looking for Comox/Victoria Todd
Views: 962

fyi, Todd sent me a PM so all is good.
by friendlyfire
Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:16 pm
Topic: Looking for Comox/Victoria Todd
Views: 962

Looking for Comox/Victoria Todd

Hi, I'm trying to track down the Todd who lives in Victoria with folks up here in Comox. On Boxing Day I busted a kite line during a super windy session at Goose Spit and Todd helped me get in safely.... thanks dude! We talked about kite knives, which neither of us were carrying that day. The incide...