Search found 16 matches

by Nimai
Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:52 pm
Forum: Kiteboarding Discussion
Topic: new Ocean Rodeo store opens Dec.1st on Cadillac St. Victoria
Replies: 7
Views: 2779

Gahh... I was in Vic on the weekend but never got around to checking it out... :(. Working on a another trip soon. I'll get to see it then!
by Nimai
Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:35 pm
Topic: snow kiteboarding
Replies: 23
Views: 6593

I wouldn't be surprised if you could get away with it at one of the schools here, or at the Parksville beach. Long as there aren't any kids around... and look out for trees! I've been thinking about it too, as I've just taken it up as well. Be sure to use a smaller kite than you would on water, thou...
by Nimai
Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:22 am
Topic: Moving back to the Island
Replies: 8
Views: 2874

Hey Sandra! I think I met you and Reuben at Nitinaht, I was the Indian looking guy, my name is Nimai, and I'm from Parksville/Qual. I may also need to get a lesson from you eventually! Or at least a kite sesh ;)
Cheers!
by Nimai
Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:29 pm
Forum: The Rigging Area
Topic: Russian Dood - we're thinking of you!
Replies: 289
Views: 85821

Good luck man! It'll be cool to see and meet you out on the water sometime!
All the best!
by Nimai
Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:56 pm
Topic: ag
Replies: 4
Views: 1891

I don't know if I met you, but I heard somebody talking about a missing camera when I was there... Unfortunately, I don't know any names...
Good luck!
by Nimai
Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:32 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23958

oh and here I thought these two new guys had discovered a fourlane superhighway directly to Nitinaht Lake that all of us clowns had missed for all these years ....until just now :roll: bummer I was hoping that there might be a quicker route for us folks who live between Port and Vic :?. I don't thi...
by Nimai
Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:51 pm
Topic: Nitinaht update!
Replies: 91
Views: 23958

CrossOnshore - I think it stays paved for quite a while... I could be wrong though. It might be worth it to bring a 4x4, just in case. Then that way you know how much of it is paved, and you're prepared. I'm about to move to Nanaimo, so I'll be taking that route, too.
by Nimai
Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:07 pm
Forum: Special Events
Topic: Port Alberni : helicopter filming over Wild West Watersports
Replies: 24
Views: 7668

more force 4 wrote:Hey Nanmoo, split the diff and take a shortie!

I'm torn between PA and Nat for this weekend.
Split the diff and do both! Nat is accessible from Port Alberni! Just take the exit to Bamfield, and follow the road. About 50km in, you'll come to the 4-way stop.
by Nimai
Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:46 am
Topic: Glasses and stuff
Replies: 13
Views: 2849

I've had non-prescription contacts before. Not worried about getting used to them... They'll be an investment for the future, though. I'll need them for when I'm out on the water.
by Nimai
Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:44 pm

indeed, I wore contacts for a while but at the Nat many years back in early season the fresh water is still predominant and I lost them or they became dislodged....late in the season this should work better. Suggest to wear sun glasses over the contacts.....Also a visor equipped helmet may help. Al...
by Nimai
Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:15 am

Glasses and stuff

Hey folks! I am relatively new here (been lurking for quite some time). I am heading up to the Nat for some lessons with Elevation next Wednesday. My lessons will be on the Thursday and Friday. I wear glasses and don't want to lose them on the water. Do they kinda stay on with the helmet? Are contac...
by Nimai
Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Snowkiting on the Mercer Report
Replies: 3
Views: 1848

It's ok, all he'd be doing is body dragging. Although, I can't guarantee he'd be above water the entire time!

Sandy, I keep forgetting that it's summer! It seems like it's just been raining or it's overcast. Hasn't stopped me from my first jumps in the ocean and lake, though!
by Nimai
Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:54 pm
Topic: Gone with the wind
Replies: 32
Views: 6931

Hmmmm....I have no idea where, in this thread or elsewhere on this forum, you got this :roll: I think this local community really prides itself on being in relative harmony considering we share the water the way we do :idea: Even just down the coast or the Gorge things aren't all this happy and it ...
by Nimai
Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:31 am
Topic: Gone with the wind
Replies: 32
Views: 6931

I know that I didn't even think about windsurfing when I decided I wanted to get into kiteboarding. I didn't know that there was a rivalry. I just thought that kiteboarding looked incredibly fun. It was really only after I registered on BWD that I found out that we were at war :twisted: . I've also ...
by Nimai
Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:45 pm
Forum: Cool Links Section
Topic: Snowkiting on the Mercer Report
Replies: 3
Views: 1848

Snowkiting on the Mercer Report

Anybody remember this episode?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mres6upm1g[/youtube]